ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been offered a 27' iMac, views please

6/468 17poo
Been offered a 27” iMac (Version number: MB952B/A) for £600, would people say this a good deal its second hand and the guy is a web developer.

Specification has been upgraded to the following:

· 3.06GHz Dual Core Processor

· 12Gb RAM

· 1TB Hard Drive

· OS X Mavericks
comes with wireless keyboard, magic mouse and track pad...

Any views as to what people think please let me know, Ive already got a Macbook so know what macs are about

Ryan

Renault Clio MK3
I'd say the price is about right... wouldn't say it was a bargain, but wouldn't say it was a rip off

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Which presumably makes it an E7600, which rather underlines the fact that you're buying a big screen with lots of RAM as opposed to a high performance computer.

This, £600 on that, if it's got a recent version of OSX installed - you're buying a big screen that won't be that quick.

6/468 17poo
Its got Mavericks on for sure, I wanted it to run Revit Architecture for 3D modelling and to edit go pro videos

Autodesk Revit for Mac: Recommended-Level Configuration

Mac® OS X® 10.9.1 "Mavericks"
Virtualization Software Parallels Desktop® 9.0.24172 for Mac or newer
2.7 GHz quad-core Intel® Core i7™ recommended
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M or newer
Memory 16 GB

Do you just fancy a mac?

What spec is your current computer?

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Or just build a decent hackintosh, screen might push you over £600

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Surely buying a mac to use partly as a primary use for revit when you would have to instal windows anyway seems a bit pointless?

6/468 17poo
Surely buying a mac to use partly as a primary use for revit when you would have to instal windows anyway seems a bit pointless?

I didn't want it just for Revit, just to learn it and get better on it, it'll mainly be used for Photoshop/ traktor / final cut and music etc

so primarily mac apps, I don't own pc and don't really wanna go that route, running parrlells on MacBook is just too small and does struggle at times

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I've got bootcamp on mine but have barely switched over to windows, I also only installed it for revit but have used it less than I would have liked. It does run ok on my basic 2012 macbook though.