ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Been Offered a MK1 172 For A Good Price...??**

jaz

Clio 172 MK1
I have been offered a Y reg 2001 Clio Mk1 172 in Silver with 46K miles (all motorway miles and NO track use), 1 sole owner from new, always been garaged from new, its got an exhaust fitted and its de-catted, comes with induction kit, clifford alarm, comes cambelted, the car is mint inside and out, hardly ever had the rear seats sat in, zymoled regularly, my good friend wants £4500, I am not that clued up with clios.. but is this a sensible price....?

Golf GTI 1.8T
sounds like a bloody steal to me!!! considering my lil 1.4 was £3300 in april for an x reg with 39k... thats a lot of car for the money me thinks!!

and parkers.co.uk guide says this

Renault Clio
2.0 16V Renaultsport 172 3d 2001/Y
Insurance Group 16

Average mileage: 40,000 miles Cost New ('01) £ 15495
Franchised Dealer £ 7150
Independent Dealer £ 6700
Private Good £ 5700
Private Poor £ 4250
Part Exchange £ 4950

Red Clio 197 F1
Do it, nothing wrong about that.

I bought my Phase 1 from a lady owner who had just gone up and down the M1 nearly 2 years ago and I have loved my car every single day!

Talking of which, there are quite a few RS 172 / 182 lady owners driving around don't you think?

jaz

Clio 172 MK1
msa182 said:
IMPORT???????

cliford alarm fitted.

But still a good price.

msa182.. the car is an import... That shouldnt be a problem should it.? Looks like i will be taking delivery of her in March... only problem is to get insured as iam only 20 :-(

jaz said:
msa182.. the car is an import... That shouldnt be a problem should it.? Looks like i will be taking delivery of her in March... only problem is to get insured as iam only 20 :-(
Won't be an issue, make sure it has a decent working aftermarket alarm though.

Thats not that good vlaue £3.8k I'd say you should be paying. Don't forget it needs it cambelt doing soon (5yrs or 72k) and thats expensive.

BMW E46 330i Touring
edde said:
Thats not that good vlaue £3.8k I'd say you should be paying. Don't forget it needs it cambelt doing soon (5yrs or 72k) and thats expensive.

Looks like it comes with cambelt already changed mate, so no worries about that.

I'd say it's a bargain, but if your mate's offering it to you at that price then I'd say print out the Pistonheads advert and go for the jugular!

jaz

Clio 172 MK1
acrebo said:
Looks like it comes with cambelt already changed mate, so no worries about that.

I'd say it's a bargain, but if your mate's offering it to you at that price then I'd say print out the Pistonheads advert and go for the jugular!

Edde.. thats what Iam planning on doing.. :) The car that I might by is also a Y reg 2001, but its got more miles on it @ 46k. The car will have all its belts changed inc cambelt.. do you guys think the tensioner bearing should be reaplced or will need replacing.?

Jaz.

jaz said:
Edde.. thats what Iam planning on doing.. :) The car that I might by is also a Y reg 2001, but its got more miles on it @ 46k. The car will have all its belts changed inc cambelt.. do you guys think the tensioner bearing should be reaplced or will need replacing.?

Jaz.
Yep chnage all the tensioners they fail if there not chnaged don't forget the AUX belt needs changing as well but that should be part of the cambelt service.

Day said:
£3.8k Edde?

Don't be daft son.

That's valver money mate...
Theres dealers asking £4.2k for 80k cars of the same age. There one in the trader for £3.75k wth 84k and thats what there asking not what they will get.
£3.8 for a valver I wouldn't think so unless it was mint stored in a garage to a collection.
My Williams is worth maybe £3k and thats got other bits on it.

jaz

Clio 172 MK1
This car is now up for sale, its now cambelted and fully serviced.. Please let me know if anyone is interested at 4.5K. 07903 10 39 31.