ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been to look at clio expression, need help

03 RS clio 172 flameR
hi guys

Went to look at a car for my mrs today, told her she has to have 1.4 minimum as her 1.1 106 makes me want to get out whilst its moving and walk.

so found a nice 1.4 expression for her (5 door fail i know)

went to see it at owners house who had a country house with a kinda back street garage attached on. he said he buys them from renault and sells them on.

first impressions were good, paintwork was great, etc went for a drive in it and it as nice and smooth and quiet with no knocks or bangs and felt good.

got back to his house and started the investigation, first off the outside temp gauge said 37 degrees.... it wasnt.

then noticed the blowers only worked on fan speed 4, and not any other speed... then the front fogs were not working. he said he will fix these if i am going to buy it, which is fine.

Heres where i was really worried, the rev counter was at 0...... at idle! this was strange, i reved it and hit the limiter around 7k which is right, but it idled at 0 not 1k.

what im looking for is an explanation of WTF is happening there as its beond me. hopfully someone like fred will know of this problem/fault/pure-dodgyness and be able to help.

please dont tell me the normal replys like "steer clear of that one mate, or the standard issue "pics of your missus?"

this will not help me, i will make a decision based on the answer to the rev counter problem from the forums professionals.

cheers for looking guys.