ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Being a temporary named driver

Focus ST-3
Could someone help clear something up for me?

My mum is insured with AXA, she has tried insuring me on her Lexus SC430 for 2 weeks and they cannot supply a quote due to it being too high group for me.

I then go on AXA's website and fill in all the same details to get a quote for the year and they will insure me for £700. So why wont they insure me for 2 weeks? Its obviously not too high group for me otherwise they wouldnt charge me £700 for a year!!! Is it because they are not willing to charge me say £50 for 2 weeks cover and risk me crashing and claiming back £15k payout?

Focus ST-3
They won't give a quote either. I don't get it, I can be insured on it for 610 with admiral fully comp but nowhere will insure me for 2 weeks!!!

Who are you insured with?

I'm with Bell (also worked with Admiral) and have added cars temp for a few weeks before on my own policy. They flat out refused to add me as a temp on my dads policy with the same car....(which was with Admiral).

Focus ST-3
I'm with bell too but I rang them and they said you cannot have a car on two policies so I would need to be added to my mums insurance. Is that true?

Focus ST-3
I can drive other cars as part of my policy, as long as they are insured by the owner and I gave their permission...

But is that 3rd party only? I'm insured to drive other people's 3rd party but I want fully comp on my mums, If I had an accident I want to know she would get her money back!!!!

May try ringing bell again and speak to someone different. Adam, did you tell them it was your dads and was already insured?