ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

benefits of cross drilled discs

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

what are the benefits of these, i know it expels water and gases from your pads but are they better than grooved discs? looking at exotica cars they seem to have these rather than grooved, and most if not all bikes, scooters and peds have them aswell

what im asking is, is it better to have crossed drilled or grooved?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

drilled discs = noise when braking... but depends largely on the pads being used.

Theyre basically designed to aid cooling, but only really worthwhile on a fast car, hence why 911s, etc run them.

TDI tyre shreader

drilled disks crack so you then have to buy some propper disks that are just plain!!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 10 September 2005

drilled disks crack so you then have to buy some propper disks that are just plain!!
maybe eventually...

ive had mine on for over a year and havent had any problems with them, and theyve been abused! lol

Due to extremes in temperature, of heating up and colling down alot the metal skints and expands, this can lead to cracking around the drilled holes.

Grooved aids wiht removal of brake dust, but ive used std on my car and my brakes get abused, done 3 track days on them and had no fade, thats wiht pagdi fast road pads, and im not gental on the brakes either

I run cross drilled AP racing discs F&R with no problems other than a little noisey when cold with pagid greys but superb stoppers, in the wet they dont hold water like plain discs.