ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Benefits - willy manifold on a 16V

BMW 320d Sport

I tried it. And failed. After 4 hours of skinned knuckles from moving driveshafts and manipulating bits of the subframe and drivetrain around I had to admit defeat. The problem is although the head end of the manifold is an exact match on the 16v and Willy, the downpipes arent interchangeable and the downpipe will not meet the cat section with the correct angle and length, in fact it will barely even make it past the subframe. I dont know why this should be...theoretically it should be a bolt on, but it just isnt. Plus the cat-downpipe fixing flange is at the wrong angle as well, although you could cut the flange then turn it 90 degrees and re-weld it if you wanted to make it fit.

According to Nick Hill, the 16v manifold works better on the 1.8 and the 2.0 lumps anyway. Apart from anything else its bigger (although I cant imagine the airflow is as fast, what with all the twists and turns on the 16v one).

BMW 320d Sport

If youre interested in a tubular manifold for the valver, Supersprint do a stainless one thats a work of art. But you dont seem to be able to get them in UK catalogues, Sam Steffanson in Sweden can get them./

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i was only really interested as i want to keep the 1.8 head when i get around to getting a megane bottom end, so was looking for something to give it a bit more torque. Id love a supersprint but the willy one is a much cheaper option. So id be looking at a custom decat and downpipe for it to fit then?

350z & 16v Maxi

I can get the supersprint one for anyone if they want it, just let me know and i will get you a price.