ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BenR in Insurance SHOCKER !

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Was with elephant last year and now with esure. Zero, now, nadda excess which is cool as is 1K ICE cover. NCB protected etc and just checked against LV which is dearer for their quick quote.

Ive read that some companies go madly cheap for a year or so to get new customers so maybe LV is doing it at the mo. I had the online quote prob with tesco . when I phoned they quoted me loads more than i was quoted online - so i went back on line and payed for it there!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i doubt theyre giving mad low quotes out, theyre part of the same group as Frizzel and my Dads been with them for years, cos nobody could touch em for quotes.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

hi i phoned them the other week about a quote for me a 18yr old 1 yr ncb low crime area for 1.4rt with bodykit etc i got a qoute of £900.56 tpft and £900.59 fully comp and if i pay for extra unlimited mods it comes to £935 quid so i can do ne thing to my car including dropping in a HUUUUGE engine and pay no more on top.

i asked how much it was for me on a ren 5 gtt and was told £1800 so i can pay £935 quid for a clio and drop a 5 gtt engine in it but for an actual 5gtt they want nearly a grand more lol.

oh well lol

MaLicE

Skoda Fabia vRS

there not a bad insurance company, there is no hidden things

they give good cover, with all the usual extras and probably the same or lower excess you were paying before

my mate at work just got his first car (a nova!) and after a few weeks he crashed it, the car was worth about £500, an at first they paid him about £400, even though his excess was probably over 200, anywayz, just last week he got a cheque through for another £150, they said they had reviewed his previous pay out or summat like that, so he ended up with more than the car was worth !

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 28 February 2003

OMG I just phoned up for a quote - ive never had such a friendly girl who works in a call centre!

Converstaion:

Girl - "Can i have your reg?"

Me "M3 XAX"

Girl "Renualt Clio 1.8 16v injection?"

Girl "Oh i love those cars, thats the one with the vent on the bonnet, their so sexy, how long you had it?"

Me "errm 4 years now"

Girl "ahh wow bet you love it"

Me " err.. yeah its a fun little car

She sounded well fit, chatted for about ten minutes on the phone!! Asked her what she looked like! "5ft 4, blond hair, slim" - ...........sounds good to me!

Oh yeah the quote was £710 for me (22, 4yrs no claims, 6 points) which was not cheaper then my current policy. (£600)
you guys are getting ripped!!!

for me, 22, 1 years No claims, 1000 accident two years ago

fully comp on the valver............

£466!

admiral!

[Edited by ivegota16v on 10 August 2004 at 9:03pm]

Must just be me that had a stupidly high quote wiht them, 18, no NCB, 1 acvcident, prolly not my fault, 1.4 rt fully comp £4k!!!!

Mr Peters, please select the quotation that you would like to view or change from the list below:

£1801.17 (IPT £85.77) Motor Insurance 10/08/2004 21:05

Comprehensive Insurance quotation in respect of 1996 Renault Clio 16V (Inj) 3DR - 1991-1996 1764cc Petrol or LPG Manual. Policy commencing from 10/08/2004

<A onclick="AmendQuote(getElementById(amendButton));return false;" href= "javascript ;">IMG id=amendButton onkeydown=clickImagethis onmouseover=setCursorthis; title=Amend Quote style=BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: white; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: white; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: white; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: white alt=Amend Quote src= https://www.lvgirqp.co.uk/lv_gihm/images/navigation/amendquoteleft">U color=#0000ff /U

Your Quote
£1801.17
or
Pay per Month*
£138.82

All figures include 5% Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)
<A onclick="buyPolicy(getElementById(buyButton));return false;" href= "javascript ;">IMG id=buyButton onkeydown=clickImagethis; onmouseover=setCursorthis title=Buy style=BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: white; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: white; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: white; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: white alt=Buy src= https://www.lvgirqp.co.uk/lv_gihm/images/navigation/buyonline">U color=#0000ff /U

If you would prefer to buy over the telephone, call us free on 0800 514 514. Lines open 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri, & 8am to 4pm Sat. To help continually improve customer service, calls may be monitored or recorded.

look at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revels Mum & Sister

They quoted me £2200 for a MR2 Turbo

Where as Admiral and elephant were around the £1200 mark.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

wont quote me on the focus. Got it for 800 quid elswhere an i can get quotes on tvrs an porsches so im not sure why they wont quote!!

Dunno if you have tried, but Adrian Flux are ok, we got a quote for my partner on a MKi V6 Clio she is 24 with full ncb, £850.

So Adrian Flux maybe give them a shot.

Basically, with L&V theyre good for modded cars but if your a below 25 with a quickish car their quotes are huge. Adrian Flux are better IMO.

-Rob

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Liverpool and Victoria! dont make me laugh!

Nice bird on the phone but crap service, the wouldnt even touch me!

ive got a 182 and its insured with Privilage for 780 fully comp, in my name with £50 excess and im only 21 with 3 years NCB

L&V are junk, they said that even if i was 25 then my premium would be at least £1600! and i live in a realy nice quiet area as well! its not like i live on Blackbird Leys or Barton area where your car wouldnt last more than 30 seconds in day light FFS!

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 11 August 2004

Liverpool and Victoria! dont make me laugh!

Nice bird on the phone but crap service, the wouldnt even touch me!

ive got a 182 and its insured with Privilage for 780 fully comp, in my name with £50 excess and im only 21 with 3 years NCB

L&V are junk, they said that even if i was 25 then my premium would be at least £1600! and i live in a realy nice quiet area as well! its not like i live on Blackbird Leys or Barton area where your car wouldnt last more than 30 seconds in day light FFS!
Think youre a bit ott there mate, Im with them, 172 stripped, no airbags, throttle bodies conversion, separate ecu, buckets, eibachs blah blah blah and Im with them for only £760 odd ... onw that aint bad.... its just that different people get quoted differently from different insurers... such is life eh dude?

None

Fully comp was £700 for me compared to £550 with Eagle Star. HIC were a joke - £1800 and the service is shocking.

ive just seen when this post began !

back in feb!
i got quoted rediculous with them, ended up paying nearly half with elephant, elephant were also cheaper for a qoute on my next car (grp 19) than they were on my valver !!