ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BenR in Insurance SHOCKER !

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I renewed with LV this year, paid £1400 ish last year with Flux, £565 this year with LV, they are so cool! I kept asking the women on the phone if it was right cos I didnt believe her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Well Im 21 with 4 yr ncb driving a 95 1.4 RT Clio with a load of mods all declared for £565, garaged with alarm/immobliser

No joke!!!

they undercut my normal Ins comp for my XR2 by 50%!!!!!!

Including mods and fully comp, not TPFT!!!

I;m so shocked im shaking, why do other ins companies bother existing with this sorta comeptition.......i highly highly reccomend EVERYBODY go to them next.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Yeh me too, also very friendly on the phone as well, much better then other companies I rang like performance direct, I told them I had mods and he asked what and i said alloys for a start and he said sorry dont insure that?!?!?!?!?!?! Well what the hell is a mod if its not alloys!!!!!!!!!!

Did that make any sense??? :)

f**k me!!!

Just tried their online quick quote!!

Im 21 driving a 16v clio - their offer:

£650-750 TPFT!!!!!!!!!!

Im currently payin 950 with elephant.co.uk!!!!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

They were about £100 more expensive for me than my current one, but I have recommended them to friends and one saved £250, their insurance went from about £600 TPFT (diamond) to £350 FC on their 1.2 corsa. They seem to be an excellent company for drivers under 25 of any sex.

350z & 16v Maxi

Im with AXA on my 95 Clio 16v, 21, 3 years NCB and am paying £515 Fully comp.

My we bro who is 17 and just passed his test is with Liverpool Vic and is paying £1100 fully comp on a 1l 96 VW Polo. His nest best quote was £1800 fully comp.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

The quote for mine was more than im currently paying. booooo The again £500 for a modded valver aint bad.

dont mean to spoil the party, but in my view, Liverpool Victoria suck. they give you a really good quote on-line, then when you ring up to take the policy out, then come up with an excuse and add on another 30%?! in my case, the quote they gave me was no better then anyone else, CIA, perfromance plus etc..

In the end i went with E-SURE, 22, 4yr NCB £640, , no asking me "whats your best quote" etc etc gave me no Bullsh*t.. Came straight out with there best quote, had the papers through the door the next day, sorted. (including windscreen cover)

best that...

Quote: Originally posted by G13NN X on 28 February 2003

f**k me!!!

Just tried their online quick quote!!

Im 21 driving a 16v clio - their offer:

£650-750 TPFT!!!!!!!!!!

Im currently payin 950 with elephant.co.uk!!!!

Dont get too excited Glenn, its another sotry when you ring them... trust me.

i did the online thing, then called them....

They wanted online a max of 371....final quote was 389!

So, not too bad, and i said i was going to pay, they were ready, no added extras....etc etc....but i had to call up my old ins comp to apologise....they are very nice people.

Thats a point, how much excess do they expect and what about breakdown cover etc? I use directline which are good value and included all the extra bits.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Best off giving them a ring mate, quick quote for me was 1200 Full comp on a 3.0 supra twin turbo at 22.

40 quid windscreen, 150 excess, 50 thou legal cover.....150 excess for something else, cant remember....theft...

all normal ish

1100 quid fully comp.... 25yrs old... 1yrs no claims... with Liverpool Victoria

Pretty chuffing good... best altenative came from direct line at 1400 quid.

These guys are class... esp for a group 17 motor.

TT 225

L&V are excellent for modified motors.

For example they will insure me on a MK1 Astra Rally car weighing less than my little finger with a 2l calibra turbo engine under the bonnet for £400 per year fully comp. (Because it is a modified 1984 1.8 GTE yet they wont even quote me for the Williams because of my young age and the insurance grouping of the vehicle

Madness..

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

OMG I just phoned up for a quote - ive never had such a friendly girl who works in a call centre!

Converstaion:

Girl - "Can i have your reg?"

Me "M3 XAX"

Girl "Renualt Clio 1.8 16v injection?"

Girl "Oh i love those cars, thats the one with the vent on the bonnet, their so sexy, how long you had it?"

Me "errm 4 years now"

Girl "ahh wow bet you love it"

Me " err.. yeah its a fun little car

She sounded well fit, chatted for about ten minutes on the phone!! Asked her what she looked like! "5ft 4, blond hair, slim" - ...........sounds good to me!

Oh yeah the quote was £710 for me (22, 4yrs no claims, 6 points) which was not cheaper then my current policy. (£600)

i really dont understand why they wont quote me for a 172 as i can get insured on skylines and tvrs from other companys for no more than 1700

I wouldnt take too much notice of their online quotes.

I nearly bought a Rover 620 Turbo a year ago (I know, I know)

Their quick quote was the cheapest Id had by £700 but when I rang them up they said "no way"

Suppose its going to vary for different people though eh?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

and then there are those of us, namely myself that they dont quote, for some unkown reason - mailto:B@stards">B@stards! But on the other hand if you need a personal loan i can highly recommend them.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

I got insured the other week with them - £901 fully comp and 1 years ncb - better than tescos who i was with b4..

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Well I though after reading all this I would give them a ring since my insurance is due........must have had the same girl a lot of people had......"oooh thats a lovely car sir"......"my boyfriend has one"!

Anyway after all that they wont quote me!!!!!!!!

My current insurance through direct line is £665 which aint bad........24yo 7 years ncd!!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ben P - there aint nothing wrong with a 620ti, they f**kin fly!!!! (until they get to a corner!;))

My only concern with LV was when I got a quote they didnt seem interested in the value of the car or the mods. It was as if they were saying, if you have an accident, well work out what your cars worth and give you that, instead of agreeing a value to start with.

So you pay less on your premium but your pay out might be reflected in that.

Rick

GR7

Shiny red R32

Dont forget guys that some insurance companies have higher excesses than others, often those with the higher excess charge a lot less for your premium. Also your premium can be reduced if your voluntary excess is increased. Post codes make a big difference too, if you live in a low crime area you will pay less.

RT Owner, I think we all find that the insurance companys valuation of our cars is much LESS than ours or the current market value!!

has anyone got a quote off them 19yrs old 16v? want me to ring and was wonderin where abouts the quote will be money wise?