ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bent Rear Beam - Clio 172

clio
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can give an idea of repair cost and whether I'm facing a write off?

My car was hit the other day by a Mazda 6 slipping off a kerb (while he was mounted and trying to go round my car). When he slipped off the kerb he slipped into the rear bumper and alloy, pushing the alloy forward. this was against the join of his rear door to the rear arch, so he kind of dragged my car with him as the arch was flared.

Damage that I have is (after being told that there was none!!!)

Rear Bumper respray - scuff marks in paint down to primer
Rear Quarter Panel Repair - 3" scratch 3mm above the bumper/rear wing join.
New Alloy - Cup wheel
Bent Rear Beam

The car's insured fro £2k and Ill do anything for them to not write this off. I searched for the car for months. New MOT put on it last week.

At least the other driver was kind enough to say that he hit it.

Any advice etc, most appreciated.

I'm gutted!!

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd hope it does get written off tbh!

Insurance will pay out £2k for the car. You buy it back for £250. Spend £500 fixing. £1250 in your pocket.

I bent my rear beam 5 years ago on a pot hole in scotland, i got a used one and a mechanic to fit it and it came in ~400 all in. Obviously i didnt have any 1/4 damage, but your body work damage sounds minimal, so i very much doubt the rears going to cost silly numbers. Its all dependent on the rear beam price, brand new........

Is the 2k as agreed value, which will stand up? its my understanding insurance will only pay out what its worth on the book, regardless of what you say its worth.

Cheers,
Si

Many.
Your get more money out of it if you go through insurance.

If you're local, I have a straight, used rear beam I'd sell you cheaply.