ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bent Valves

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

no compression at all..... they are all like that on the inlet side... the zorst ones are hard to see but when the head is off you can do some test and they all are not seating properally...

so this head will have

new valves all round as well as new seals etc etc...

lucky it did no damage to the pistons though...

172 Cup

it was not fitted properly by the person that changed it. belt wasnt tightened. spoke to andy about it today.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

best on the direct desial engines on the master van when the belt goes and the valve heads get embedded in the piston combustion chamber.that gets exspensive.

Revels Mum & Sister

Reminds me off my Valver

Stupid garage monkey left a Allen Key or dropped one inside my filter. Back on he went! And embedded into the piston and bent some valves :cry:

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

your nice little engine is going to recieve some TLC chris very soon....

to make sure it does not end up with bent valves...

p.s. your aux belt tensioner is buggererd... bearing is dry... so will change that.

Andy

GDI

German Barge

Whatever needs doing let me know Andy - im sure youll find a few little things that need doing. I was reading through the service history earlier today, and this car has gone to the same renault garage for each service! lots of TLC had gone into that car!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

hey... Ian at least we are finding things now that would have been much more costly few 1000 miles down the road... aka water pump!!! so that gets a :)

Oh for sure...

Definately rather you find out and fix all the problems now mate, then finding out more probs a little further down the road like you said.

Its weird tho, never thought id miss driving it as much as I do.............who ever said that time moves fast when ur having fun was spot on. Cos its been 9 weeks since ive driven her, and its felt like its dragged on sooooooooooo much.

Then again, I had to wait so many weeks just to get the money together.

Oh well, all is nearly done - and I can nee wait!!! :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

thought it might have been urs mate!

when my cambelt snapped i lost 15 valves too if it makes u feel any better :)

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 14 March 2004

ok Ben your bent valve is bigger than mine!!!!
THATS A BAD THING!!!!

dont know how it excaped with only 2 bent exhausts after a snap, was at speed too!

You dont wanna know.....

ah hell, from renault its 347 for all 16!!!!

Exhausts are sold in kits of 4 and inlets for all 8.

I cna get oversize ones for less.

172 Cup

very nice Andy.

thinking about 2.0 bottom end now as i fancy more torque!! i will make my mind up one day!!

Paul

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

not megan valves.... willy valves.... or at least the same dimensions

its acid cleaned and painted.... (the manifolds that is)