ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 172 Phase 2 Mods for £1000-£1500 for fast road & several track days a years?

clio 182 sport
Setting the tow and caster and camber on the front, and the toe and camber on the rear.

Also often combined with corner weighting to try and get the spread of weight as even as is realistic.

Kool, do you think it makes a noticable difference on the roads??

Or only worth doin if your goin to track the car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Kool, do you think it makes a noticable difference on the roads??

Or only worth doin if your goin to track the car.

Well as with any setup, it depends on how far out yours is in the first place.

Best advice I can give you is go to your local protyre and get your tracking done which is about 30 quid, but ask them for a printout of all your settings including caster when they do it.

Then from that you will know if its required or not (post it on here and people will tell you)

Tracking is the only one that is commonly enough wrong to be really noticeable on the road.

clio 182 sport
Well as with any setup, it depends on how far out yours is in the first place.

Best advice I can give you is go to your local protyre and get your tracking done which is about 30 quid, but ask them for a printout of all your settings including caster when they do it.

Then from that you will know if its required or not (post it on here and people will tell you)

Tracking is the only one that is commonly enough wrong to be really noticeable on the road.

Ok, One of my friends works in a local garage and does anything me and my dad cant do on my car, done my tracking about 3 months ago or something like that.

Im getting new wheels as soon as a set of 15's come up on here that i fancy and are local ( if anyone is selling any, ive already posted in the wanted section ) i will be getting the tracking re done and he should be able to do me a print out then.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I doubt he will have the equipment to do things like caster mate, in fact most local garage mechanics wouldnt even know what it was, lol

320D E91 Estate
James, I've got my rear arb fitted now along with some camber bolts. Your welcome to another drive if you want.

Dan I was going to ask how much was your corner weighting at Bridgwater college? As I remember you thought that made quite a difference? Had you already had your car tracked up?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ahh okay, cheers for that! How much are you talking for an RS Tuner and a map? I'll try and google it later!

Have a nose in the how to do section under Martin182 he's got a guide matey, top guy btw :)

guide section that is

320D E91 Estate
Yeh they're going silver. I don't keep my cars clean enough apparently (also something to do with the 400 miles a week I do on the car!)

Sounds good, yeah bit harsh considering the miles you do and the fact your always working on either your car or someone else's so when would you find time to clean yours;)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hijack!
Maybe a stupid question here. But camber bolts, can these be used on standard shocks with lowering springs?

Also, if i replaced my standard shocks with cup shocks, is it just a straight swap?

Thanks.