ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best air filter upgrade for a phase 2 172?

Clio 172
Hi there,

Is there any one air filter that's better than another for upgrade in terms of performance?

I was thinking of the ITG performance air filter, but what about the K&N or Pipercross?

Also are induction kits under £100 worth it? Is so any in particular, Green? Powertec? Pipercross? RaidHP? Etc.

Cheers.

Not got a car
I can think of better things to spend £350 on.

I think its a silly price, They cant sell very many.

What about a Green dynotwist.

Turbos.
I have an ITG but personally i wouldn't buy one again. You won't notice the dfference so you may as well get an OEM which cost a few quid...

If you want power get a remap and your inlet done. If you don't mind the noise, get these and a decatted exhaust, giving you a very noticeable gain for not too much of an outlay.

R

rich[182]

ITG panel filter, the £350ish you save on the Maxogen spend £180 of it on matched inlets, then put the other £170 towards a £275 remap at RSTuning as I notice your in Leeds anyway, I've not had inlets or remap myself (yet !) but everyone swears by these mods

yeah defo mate thats what i am doing got an itg panel at the moment going to get a better feed routed and get the inlets, decat zorst and chip done should make a noitceable difference mate itg maxogen although looks amazing is not worth that kind of money

sorry forgot to say if you do want something other than panel i would personally go for the bmc at around 150 for carbon is excellent value for money and will do same as maxogen and viper..

Not got a car
rich[182];2478133 said:
ITG panel filter, the £350ish you save on the Maxogen spend £180 of it on matched inlets, then put the other £170 towards a £275 remap at RSTuning as I notice your in Leeds anyway, I've not had inlets or remap myself (yet !) but everyone swears by these mods

Sooo £180 For the inlet And £275 For the map.

Sounds very cheap, What do they do to the inlet? Is it a normal port and polish?

mmmmmm wheres best place to get one of these from then for price??? might be selling my itg panel then he he anyone want to give me 30 including delivery lol