ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Android Handset on the Horizon

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi all

My upgrade is due in the next 3 months so started thinking about what to go for - potentially willing to hold on for longer if something special is on the way.

I've currently got a Samsung S2 and was going to go for an S4 which I believe is due out Q2 or Q3 this year? But otherwise what about the new Nexus devices, Sony Ericson or HTC devices available?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The S4 is rumoured to be announced in March. When we get it on sale in the UK will no doubt be a while yet.

My vote would be a Nexus 4 or hold out for a S4. The S4 is bound to be great.

Mito Sportiva 135
S4 announcement is on March 14th.

I do love my S2 so might stick with that although I've heard good things about the Nexus too.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Trophy #333
S4 is where its gonna be at i think, currently have the S3, rooted and running CodecRomBlack 10.5.2 and it is just sheer awesomeness

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I like the look of the new Xperia Z. Samsung phones have always been far too plasticy for me, and the TouchWiz overlay is pretty intrusive.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah the Samsung cases are a bit cheap, that's my only criticism. They say it's for weight but come on they're hardly going to weigh a ton with a nice aluminium case!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anyone buying anything other than a Nexus Android device needs to be smacked around the head hard.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Explain yourself in short sentences that I will possibly understand. GO!

Everything else is broken by design.

Nexus devices run the reference version of Android, no bloatware, no mods, pure android.

You'll get at least 2 upgrades of major versions of Android and you'll get them the moment they're released, rather than waiting a year for something that may or may not come out.

Bus w**ker
Can't you just flash any Android handset with a vanilla OS install? Yes I actually know nothing about Android LOL.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well you can but you have to know a thing or two about programming first ;)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
The HTC one will be the best phone on the market when it comes out IMO but they fall down with keeping on top of updates. If they sorted that out and advertised a LOT better they wouldnt be in such a bad postion compared to the other manufacturers. If they were chosen as a Nexus manufacturer I think you would have an excellent device, but that's really unlikely. I liked Samsungs recent stuff but the plastic feel really lets them down. It's still up in the air whether there will be a Nexus device at Google I/O in May or if it will be later in the year (12 months after the 4).

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
got the galaxy s3 its awesome for what i want and will be upgrading to the s4 when it comes out.

Mito Sportiva 135
Will there be a new Nexus 4 coming out in the next few months? I just checked and my upgrade isn't due until June :(

Mito Sportiva 135
wow. Seems pretty impressive - if a little scary! Had a play on the new Sony last night though, was pretty decent. Nice casing too, felt premium.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Will there be a new Nexus 4 coming out in the next few months? I just checked and my upgrade isn't due until June :(

I cant see that happening. Theyve only just managed to get the 4 available.

The S4 looks great although too big for me. i'll stick with my nexus.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I cant see that happening. Theyve only just managed to get the 4 available.

The S4 looks great although too big for me. i'll stick with my nexus.

You soon get used to the size, then you wonder how you managed with anything smaller. I've got the Note 2, and it's brilliant, makes my gf's S3 look like a little toy.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You soon get used to the size, then you wonder how you managed with anything smaller. I've got the Note 2, and it's brilliant, makes my gf's S3 look like a little toy.

I get what you mean to a point. I find it hard to look at a iphone now..