ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST BOOT INSTALL

does the job and made good use of the space

i have fixed back seats in the front so took out the back seats as no one could use em then i thought i would av a nice install in the back

K20 EG Hatch

all the wires are hidden in mine now so it looks alot tidier!really slow me car down though with the lil 1200cc

K20 EG Hatch

lol only thing i need to do now is paint the support block things black, post a pic up of urs matt?

Quote: Originally posted by NeiLD0wN on 26 June 2004

Some nice installs... shame 95% of the kit used is sh*te
unfortuanetly not every1 is a millionaire who can afford the highest quality stuff- im sure if u asked every1 whod posted how their car sounded wed all say we were pretty happy with it- which is more important than some petty comment from some1 who hasnt even posted a pic of their install

now gtf

Nike Lunar Elite's

Cheers clio_massive, there is a false floor underneath which the amp is attached to and the sub box rests on. There was no need to remove the spare tyre and I still have access to it (takes about 5-10mins to get to). I simply cut a hole out above the amp and routed (sp) the edges so there was a small recession for the perspex to sit on.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Uprated front (pioneer) and rear (kicker) speakers, active black headunit, sound deadened boot, custom powerflow exhaust with twin 4" pipes, 17" bk 121 wheels, and front, rear and side skirts, double optic headlamps, lexus lights (which will be changed or given a lil custom makeover). Coming soon (now have a job so can afford to mod my car :)); mk2 172 rear bumper, lowered 40mm, refurbed and painted wheels, and carbon fibre parts. What about you?

thats sounds wyked u got any pix? i got a bog standard black 1.4 03plate clio got it 2days ago. all ive done is the sounds and the rear lights thats about it.

Hi guys,

I have a Mk2 172 and Im trying to go for the cleanest install possible. Has anyone put a 10" sub where the spare tyre is - ie by removing the spare tyre?

I plan to hide the amp somewhere else - maybe under one of the front seats.

the best nistall ive seen on this website so far is the person who has a genesis profile 2 amp mounted in a false floor, and nothing else

it just screams class and quality

none of this over rated tosh you can get from the pages of max power or your local halfords store

he he i so want to get a pic of mine up, but im not a member. Anyone help plz, i want to inject a bit of excitement at the mo their all a little subtle.

i have one of these sub and have a 1000w peak amp with it, however its not performing as i was expecting it to...its installed in a false floor in my boot, not sure whats wrong with it, weather its my power cables not providing enough power to the amp as it lacks bass when turned up, or weather its the cable i have used for the connections between amp and sub although i have doubled up on this. if i turn it up on my HU, the sub goes like mad but its not that bassy. a friend has suggested making a box under the false floor to create an enclosure...

suggestions welcome

Quote: Originally posted by braddersbrad on 27 June 2004

mines the best by far!! :p

http://www.dailypounds.com/car/before5.gif

BMW M3 - For Sale!

Quote: Originally posted by Moose_boy on 29 June 2004

i have one of these sub and have a 1000w peak amp with it, however its not performing as i was expecting it to...its installed in a false floor in my boot, not sure whats wrong with it, weather its my power cables not providing enough power to the amp as it lacks bass when turned up, or weather its the cable i have used for the connections between amp and sub although i have doubled up on this. if i turn it up on my HU, the sub goes like mad but its not that bassy. a friend has suggested making a box under the false floor to create an enclosure...

suggestions welcome

exactly the same problem wiv mine!

this is the email i sent to bass junkies...

Question:
Hi,

I currently have a Pioneer DEHP3500MP head unit, Jbl GT4-15 sub in a sealed box,
Jbl GTO6000 amp and Pioneer TSA6920 rear speakers.

For some reason the quality of the bass is really poor when it is loud and
sounds terrible from the outside of the car.

Im now looking for a new system (sub and amp) that has more of a deep sounding
bass, loud outside the car and better than what I currently have.

1. Can you please give me some suggestions as to what system I could get. A few
examples from £200 - £500.
2. Can you please give me some advice on how to improve the current system?
Maybe something is wrong on the amp settings? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

I listen to mostly RnB, rap and that sort of music.

Thanks a LOT,
Brad

Our reply:
THANX FOR THE E-MAIL, YOU SAY YOU ARE RUNNING A JBL GT4-15 AND A SET OF PIONEER
SPEAKERS OFF A JBL 6 CHANNEL AMP.FOR A START IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE WRONG
KIND OF AMP TO RUN WHAT YOU HAVE GOT. JBL 6 CHANNEL AMPS ARE REALY JUST
POWERFULL TO RUN SPEAKERS. WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IS TO KEEP THE AMP AND PUT IT ONTO
THE SPEAKERS IN THE CAR, THEN GET A DIRECTED 2150 AMP TO RUN THE SUB,AS THIS HAS
A LOT OF POWER AND WILL DRIVE THE SUB TO ITS POTENTIAL, WE SELL THESE AMPS AT
£179.

YOURS BASSFULLY
LEE