ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best brake upgrade for a 172??

172 , looking for a 4x4 !
Whats the best as i find the standard set up lacking a bit and suffering from fade,despite new disks and pads,all standard items on it currently.

I use mine purely for track.

cheers

liam

172 sport
Ive just fitted some carbone lorraines on the front of my 172 track only car,I previously had tarox pads fitted,I had a chance to try them out at Donnington on tuesday,I noticed straight away,I could leave my braking until a lot later,they have some right bite to them,they are a bit noisey,but who cares:D

SQ5
Discs - Brembo HC's
Pads - Ferodo DS2500
Braided lines
Dot 5 Fluid

It's all you need and costs just over £200

cheers gents,i got some braided hoses the other week but they didnt fit:rolleyes:.

what are carbone lorraines,pads??

Where do i get a set of brembo calipers then??

Cheers.

Liam

Right then,ive stripped,caged,seated,braced,lowered and stiffened,just gotta make it stop now.

Thanks for all the above ,ill get on the case:cool:

M2 Competition
That's what i'm running now, pads are nearly done though.

Not sure whether to get another set or try some Ferodo DS2500's ? Big price difference between them

Will have a check, but think i have a set of unfitted ds2500's in the garage if you want em cheap adam.