ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best brakes for Clio Williams?

Clio Hybrid
helo, just because I am almost done with my engine modifications I am looking for some brakes kit that could stop my car.

I have find some kits on K-tec racing web site but I am not sure what would be the best solution.
No question I would like to go for 325 mm on front (using 17" wheels) but I have no idea what type will be best

Additionaly, is there any substitution for rear wheels brakes??

Thanks a lot for any comments.

Rear brakes are fine as stock.

For the fronts I'd forget big disk conversions I'd go for some 4 pots preferably dust sealed unless your going racing in which case you'll know why you don't want dust seals.

Bigger disk just up the unsprung weight and mean bigger aloys usually and stock disk are big enough with good calipers to be fine plus there cheap.

Depending how much power you have and your current brake condition I'd keep with stock or look at maybe refurb/newer calipers (there used on the Mk2 phase 2 cars 99% of the time RS excepted) so then new lines then either cheap stocko pads or go to a race pad with stock disks for a cheap setup or go for the 4 pots if you can.

The 285mm big brake conversion is IMO usless.

Either:

Brembo Max & Pagid Blue on Std. Calipers (I'd replace these as a matter of course)
A wilwood 4 pot kit - like ours - calipers, adapters, brackets etc...

/y0z

Clio Hybrid
I was thinking minimum 300 mm on the front (most likely 325mm), sorry but I have checked a lot of different 258 mm set ups and this simply does not work.

Do you have any spec of this willwood setup?? What disc dimeters you do have at yours?

what are you using the car for?

Rally or Race

What set-ups have you tried and failed at?

Have you braided lines?

What point are you getting fade at?

/y0z