ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best car wax money can buy

Been using maguiars NXT for the last few months and its great. Just ordered some P21-S Concours Carnauba Wax as I was recommended it. But what wax would you guys say is the best all round for protection and finish?

price being irrelevant.

its all about personal taste, the zymol glaze is ok, but you would get exactly the same results with a $60 pinnalcle wax,or $12 megs #16, it just may not smell as nice:p

Skoda Fabia vRS

in my opinion...

Collinite 476s

the finish is good, the durability outstanding...

plus, its cheap

106 GTi

The Zymol may cost a lot off money but, it wont last long or give much protection.

With the exception of the Collinite you will be looking realistically at 30 days max protection from a carnuba wax over here. Meguiars #16 lasts fairly well, most others such as Souveran or P21s, really are beauty products look good but wont last.

For lasting protection you really need a good quality sealant . There are many out there but the proven best ones are.

1. Zaino
2. Klasse All in one and Sealant Glaze
3. Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss.

To add to the looks a good Carnuba wax over the top will make them all look better.

IRC the zymol one for that money, is a never ending supply of the stuff. When you run out of the first pot they refill it for you. or am i thinking of something else. Im fairly sure it was that tub of zymol.

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 26 April 2005

IRC the zymol one for that money, is a never ending supply of the stuff. When you run out of the first pot they refill it for you. or am i thinking of something else. Im fairly sure it was that tub of zymol.
Yea.. they give you refils forever!

Basically, if you valet cars for a living.. I think itll work out a good deal in the very long run.. hehe.

106 GTi

Megauirs NXT doesnt seem to last much longer than a carnuba tho!

Get a good sealant under your P21s and you will be fine.

^^It could be worth it, though there are reports of sealants from different manuafctures not bonding fully onto an oily substarte such as stage 2 of meguirs system, try it and see, you have little to lose!

106 GTi

Some sealants are fine over oily polishes and glazes, eg Poorboys Exs or Wolfgang Sealant. The really durable ones Zaino, Autoglym or Klasse, only work well over a properly prepared base. In the case of Extra gloss it wont bond to the stage 2 Meguiars polish.

My suggestion would be Meguiars stage 1 paint cleaner, Autoglym Super Resin, then the extra gloss, and apply the stage 3 carnuba 24 hours later.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

My mate owns a valeting bay and he told me something like you said above r-jay.He told me autoglym super-resin and then leave it on the car for 24hrs and then add a zymol(halfords stuff)and or carnuba wax

Doesnt the resin polish have a slight cutting effect on the paint though??

ian

182cup

p21s wax is really good even better when used with the p21s gepc also makes the wax go on easier and uses about 60% less wax after using it because it spreads so much easier

106 GTi

Super resin is very mild in cut, you could use it every week and have no problems.

Any pure carnuba wax needs applying to a pre-polished suface, weather it be the recommended same brand product or your own personal preference. All the wax does is seal the paint there is no cleaning, swirl removing, polishing agents in a true pure wax.

There are a few Cleaner waxes, a polish and wax in one, Meguiars Gold Class, Cleaner Wax and NXT sealant.