ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best/Cheapest hosting?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I have just made myself a website on Iweb and I am wandering:

• how the hell do i host it? (looked at internet guides but i dont get them)
  • Iv found a way to upload on i web called ftp server. is this what i need?
  • The site will be used for photos/general other things.
Can any of you give me some guidance on how to upload and where to purchase a website/URL from?

I was thinking something like www.lukebroad.net?

185lb/ft dCi
yeah it will be cheaper if you do it separately, you buy your space and create a domain called lukebroad.net with your admin panel. Then you go to a registrar such as 123-reg.co.uk or 1&1.co.uk and buy your name lukebroad.net, once purchased you then point that name to your server with your space. thats a watered down version anyway.

i use relentless-servers.co.uk for my hosting, can't remember the last time i had some downtime! i know the guy who runs it too and he is always on hand to help out with anything!

most hosting companys will allow you to buy a domain and space at the same time. You usually have to buy the domain and they give you access to their servers to upload your files and website.

for example you pay £10 for the domain www.n00b.com
and the hosting company you went through to purchase it will link it with their servers and when someone pops in n00b.com it will be directed to their servers where your website is :)

does that help a little?

something to have a look at: http://www.thetop10bestwebhosting.com/uk/

Last edited:
i use relentless-servers.co.uk for my hosting, can't remember the last time i had some downtime! i know the guy who runs it too and he is always on hand to help out with anything!

+1 on downtime dont accept anything less that 99%! most are 99.9 from good hosting companies!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
it says there that for 7 quid a month i can have lukebroad.com with unltd space/bandwidth etc :S

cheap ? too cheap?

Rav4
Like I said, excellent company and you can have as many domains as you want under one hosting package.

Excellent company, just buy it :)

Check online reviews, another one is heart internet :)

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I use relichost, paid about 6 quid for their bronze hosting package for 12 months, never had any problems.