ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best code reader to buy for my ph1 172?

Titanium ph1 turbo
Looking on eBay, can anyone advise the the best code reader to buy for reading/clearing codes for my phase 1 172?...

Any normal code reader would do for engine management lights.

If you want to do more than that such as ABS and Airbag lights you would need to get a more advanced tool.

I will have my Autel FR704 code reader for sale in the next week or so, so PM me if you are interested. This can do the more advanced stuff on Renaults and most French cars.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Any normal code reader would do for engine management lights.

If you want to do more than that such as ABS and Airbag lights you would need to get a more advanced tool.

I will have my Autel FR704 code reader for sale in the next week or so, so PM me if you are interested. This can do the more advanced stuff on Renaults and most French cars.

Cheers for the advice mate, what sort of ballpark figure moneywise are we talking?

Also interested by what you mean by 'can do the more advanced stuff on Renaults and most French cars'?

Is it the French equivalent of VCDS for VAG cars?

Not quite as advanced as VCDS as that can adjust things like "guide me home lights" and the likes which I'm not sure is available on Renaults anyway.

What I mean by "advanced" is that any normal OBDII code reader will only be able to read engine management lights on OBDII complaint cars, i.e. Petrol after 2001, Diesel after 2004
The Autel one I have can do Renault cars from 1997, both Petrol and Diesel and also covers ABS, Transmission and Airbag systems.

You can also put other manufacturers software on it as well which I have but it comes pre-loaded with Renault, Peugeot and Citroen.

Link for more info - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_AUT70X.html

Titanium ph1 turbo
Not quite as advanced as VCDS as that can adjust things like "guide me home lights" and the likes which I'm not sure is available on Renaults anyway.

What I mean by "advanced" is that any normal OBDII code reader will only be able to read engine management lights on OBDII complaint cars, i.e. Petrol after 2001, Diesel after 2004
The Autel one I have can do Renault cars from 1997, both Petrol and Diesel and also covers ABS, Transmission and Airbag systems.

You can also put other manufacturers software on it as well which I have but it comes pre-loaded with Renault, Peugeot and Citroen.

Link for more info - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_AUT70X.html

Will it work on my 2000 (W-reg) phase1?.. some of the text is suggesting 2001 or later.