ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best coilover for comfort?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this?

I'd prefer to go lower with the car but without sacrificing ride quality - at the moment its on std shocks and sportlines and I wouldn't like to go any harder on ride if I'm honest - if thats not possible I'd just stay as I am I think.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this?

I'd prefer to go lower with the car but without sacrificing ride quality - at the moment its on std shocks and sportlines and I wouldn't like to go any harder on ride if I'm honest - if thats not possible I'd just stay as I am I think.

You can't get coilovers without going harsher than what you have.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nope, the ride on KWv2's (set to soft) is better than the H&R's.

(I've owned and driven on both).

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You can't get coilovers without going harsher than what you have.

I'm talking about going from a bean bag to a concrete block though, I know it'll be harder but theres harder, harsh and unbearable...

RenaultSport 172
The H&R's are like concrete.
I was really surprised, because everyone raves about them on here.
On my other 172 I had Weitecs which IMO were almost as comfortable as standard.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The H&R's are like concrete.
I was really surprised, because everyone raves about them on here.
On my other 172 I had Weitecs which IMO were almost as comfortable as standard.

Before it's set?? :rasp:

Fletcher's H&Rs have almost the same ride comfort as with standard suspension.

RenaultSport 172
Lol not allowed an opinion?
I think the reason people bum the H&Rs is because a few years ago there wasn't alot of choice for the clios.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Lol not allowed an opinion?
I think the reason people bum the H&Rs is because a few years ago there wasn't alot of choice for the clios.

Yes of course you're allowed to have a opinion.

I don't bum up the H&R's anyway (Plenty of other good coilover options available IMO) I'm just saying what I think of them, and my experience of them for the last 2 years and 40k!

RenaultSport 172
I haven't tried the above mentioned but going from standard to H&Rs to the LEDAs that I now have the H&Rs are very harsh

RenaultSport 172
Yeah they were fucked! ;)

But seriously it's pointless arguing about it. I have my opinion and you have yours ( even though it's wrong ;) )

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So H&R's are rock hard and soft as standard all in one go! ;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
8ab281020bb66dff010bb699d2145f13-PRODUCT-BIG_IMAGE.jpg

;)

RS RIP
^^ love mine . It's like Daz said ;)

KW's seem very nice too , quality product. I would go for H&R again after these go, but would very much think about taking the KW yep

Dodgy one
My H&Rs are nice, yeah theyre a bit firmer than standard and do give me nechache, backache and a sore arse on long journeys lol, but theyre good and i've always suffered on longer rides out anyway :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Billies i have (B14) are super controlled on a committed A/B road hack, but can be a bit crashy round town

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd say the Billies were better than them.......? Monotube etc etc!

decided against PMing as it's sort of on topic lol

... How would I make them stiffer then? Could I buy different rated springs for the b14 kit?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Possibly. But they (imo) are very well matched as a kit. Whats the car used for?

Monaro VXR
decided against PMing as it's sort of on topic lol

... How would I make them stiffer then? Could I buy different rated springs for the b14 kit?

Sure Bilstein can do custom valving on the B14 kits. You just lose the lifetime warranty. Least that what the little bit of paper with mine basically says.