ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best colour for the R27

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
albi blue or RB, i saw a black one with tints and it lookd smart

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol, stop messing with my head, making me change my mind, not seen that coulor! i like!

Nor had i!!!

Black and albi would be my choice...But that has made me think!

Yellow - Shouldntof been made solely for the vee!!
Racing blue - Have a word.
Red - not bad.

LY V6 with Recaros
Racing Blue or Liquid Yellow for me. Although I saw an Albi Blue one yesterday and that looked really nice in the metal too.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
When I start officially looking, it'll be for red, black or nimbus. I don't really like the Albi, doesn't work with the stickers, LY is just too hom for me, and I can't stand racing blue - no offence to RB owners of course, it's just not for me, just looks so flat and almost like baby blue.

Dan

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Saw one that colour, looks boring and makes it look very much like a normal clio.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nimbus is the best colour. Anyone disagrees, well.... your stoopid.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is there two types of silver? Cos I agree it looks great in those pics, but was disappointed when i saw it.

C2 VTS from Fri
I think the pics make it look better than it will in real life. I reckon white with black wheels for this year, maybe brown with silver wheels next.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Black looks meanest , but i would have racing blue because blacks a b**ch to keep looking clean and swirl free!

hmm ive seen that one on ph before im sure it got sold as well do those pics look like they are in the same place i certainly reconise the one by a skip

id have a nimbus ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm biased really, nimbus for me since i own one. But i do think Albi is an awesome colour. Not keen on LY... but i have not seen a 197 in LY in the flesh yet.

i'd go

nimbus
albi
red
white
black
LY

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Saw 2 197 in nimbus recently. On standard, looked boring. On the R27 looks fantastic. Think it the wheel colour that makes the difference. RB looks gash with standard 182 wheels, but great with the anthracite cup wheels.

Glacier White 200
Saw 2 197 in nimbus recently. On standard, looked boring. On the R27 looks fantastic. Think it the wheel colour that makes the difference. RB looks gash with standard 182 wheels, but great with the anthracite cup wheels.

I'd agree with that. Nimbus looks a bit dull on standard wheels, suspension with no decals or red calipers.

R27 Nimbus is a better looking car, hence why I have one! lol

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Random update from me. Saw an RB one today - loved it. If that £11,750 one is still for sale when I've let go of the Vee, I'll go for it at that price. Unless Alan makes me an offer I can't refuse haha ;)

Dan

M135i
bah white is the bestest......:),

ive got a nimbus 197 with cup pack, recaros, cup spoiler and extra rear tints in my showroom, it looks immense!!