ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Deals on a new cup anyone

Hi all. this is my first post but i have been heavily looking into getting a enw cup as i cant stand the thought of having one more non renault car fora fair few years yet :)

Been thinking of a nice Cup in Black with Climate on it as well as i dont fancy teh exhaust styling on the 182 and they are currently offering to pay the £999 deposit for the car(renault offer) so was wondering where is the best deal to be had from as i wouldnt mind travelling to save some moola on the car, im also going to go for the Select Scheme as well so that when the turbo comes out :) i can drop to that or the megane turbo in year or so. ive been told most dealers wont move on the price but they will play around with the APR and i was wondering what is the lowest rate i should expect to get on the car and could iget any extras thrown in as im after having it on or near xmas day as a xmas pressy to myself :) Bit of a step up form a 19 16v chammy but hey need a new fast car, and if i cant get a good deal on this me thinks i will have to go get a fabia Vrs at a lower price :(

Thanks all,

KingPleb

VaVa

Im not sure, but I think production of the cup has finished.

I also thought they only came in two colours!! (Mondial blue and Iceburg Silver)

Shows how much I know!!!! http://www.New-car-discount.comwww.New-car-discount.com are selling cups for 11,400 which seems a good price.

I know they are end of line now but the guy i was talking to the other day was adamant i could get one in black if wanteed, but i was sure he was getting confused with a normal 172 :) though i might go for the mondial blue(close to my valva blue aint it :) ) and get the alloys done in white.

Anyone work at reno kow if they stil stocking many with CC though as i would have thought that whats left of the stock level wont have much CCs in :(

PS im sorry if this is being ejit but i dont fancy going fdull finance as it cossts a bit more and would prefer to be able to shift the car on after a few years of payments and move into something newer and have the choice of getting another loan ifi wanted to keep her at teh end of the term :0

Ta KiP

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

No Cups are black, they are either blue or silver. Black 172s are still around, Look at places like Motorpoint and Trade Sales for cheap prices.

Do any places like that offer the same kind of scheme as Renaults own Select scheme though??

and not to bothered about color but muct have cc for the summer time :)

Thanks lads

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=57035&PagePosition=5http://www.cliosport.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=57035&PagePosition=5

I did some research over the weekend and put my deposit down on monday. The last entry in this thread is more relevant. £11750 with climate, although i dont know if they offer anything to do with select. call kevin asap, hes a very helpful person and is already getting this cup. I personally went for a personal loan as this is the car i want, couldnt be arsed waiting for the next generation. More expensive and less focused, maybe. Well to get 10 hp, with the price im saving will still be cheaper that the retial price of the new car.

happy shopping

Really i dont fancy the 182 as an option on my list, if it comes down to it renault will lose me as a customer as i would chose not to have it, looks to max power at teh back end without a valence :(

I dont really fancy going down teh finance and deposit route as i dont want to put a deposit down if im shelling out 1300notes for insurance :(

im going to play a few dealers off each other and see what i can get them down to on teh apr and possibly a bit lower on the price. still gotta go over it one night and see what i cna do next week as im so short of time of late :(

Thanks for the help you guys,

KiP

You will find it hard to get near that price above. The best youll get is about 12800 i wreckon. I know there is a cup in crewe renault, check out the climate control thread on page 3 i think. More details there. So you can get the select you want. The way the other bloke can get the car for 11750 is through the renault fleet department as they are able to pass on larger discounts due to the amount of cars they can sell. My current car was ordered through drivethedeal, check the site out they may be able the dealer may be able to offer you that select finance you want. Its the fleet department that i am dealing with. Good luck hunting, there arent many cars left in the system.

Go for the Fabia better build quality more MPG definity different looks.

Plus insurance is less (mine wont insure me on a 172 or CUp till 25) but a VRS is only £200 extra. You an get the Fabia for £10.2 I think or definatly £11k and thats got aircon on so its equipt than a Cup more like a 172 but costs Cup money.

Ps the Fabia suspension isnt to good stock I hear but there are kits out. The car weight 1.2 tonnes and front heavy with that 1.9 engine.

Remaps (dealers arnt bothered to much about them but check or switch to stock map for warently work) get ~180hp and 320lb torque and the gearboxs seems to be better than the Golfs one at holding the torque due to lower weight so 300 lb is safe.

I know many people will disagree but take a test drive in one. The cup is more of a racecar than some people want and may people like the 172s comforts but it costs to much.

EDD

Was considering a Vrs but it felt to tall inside and doesnt have as much appeal as i would like, plus its not as exclusive as a CUP and doesnt exactly want to be pushed hard into the corners without getting all head loose. well thats how i felt wen i took one for a rag round the block. :) will do some more researching on it and see what i can come up with but need a new car asap now as i just blew the clutch to bits on my valva and dont wanna fix it at the price they cost for what i wud get for the car anyways :(

Thanks again all.

KiP