ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best EBC brakes to go for?

Arctic 182, GTD
I'm planning on doing a track day next month and I get really good discount on EBC at work but I'm wondering what pads to get and is it rreally worth getting the cross drilled disc or just normal ones? And same with braided lines?

Cheers :)

Arctic 182, GTD
You are a fountain of knowledge ;) so why are the HC better then the EBC ones mate? Only reason I was going to go for EBC is because of work. I was originally going to go for red stuff and then pagid discs with possibly braided lines.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
EBC disks are very verys soft, and wear out super fast. If you have grooved ones, they won't be grooved for long.

I'm not a fan of EBC pads either after bad personal experience, but the Blue's seem better than the others. Greens and Reds are nothing more than paperweights

Lines are worth doing, as long as you get ones that are full stainless (I avoid goodridge as they rust like hell) then there's very little between the brands. I sell HEL lines as I like them.

My recomendation would be Mintex 1155s, Pagid disks and HEL lines, with ATE super blue racing fluid.

Arctic 182, GTD
EBC disks are very verys soft, and wear out super fast. If you have grooved ones, they won't be grooved for long.

I'm not a fan of EBC pads either after bad personal experience, but the Blue's seem better than the others. Greens and Reds are nothing more than paperweights

Lines are worth doing, as long as you get ones that are full stainless (I avoid goodridge as they rust like hell) then there's very little between the brands. I sell HEL lines as I like them.

My recomendation would be Mintex 1155s, Pagid disks and HEL lines, with ATE super blue racing fluid.

Right ok mate, I take you sell the mintex pads and lines then? How much you charge for them? Just my mate fitted yellow stuff pads and grooved discs last month and did a track day recommended them highly so I thought I would ask on here as well.

MX5 Elise111s
If you are only doing the odd track day then I doubt you need to change the discs. A lot of people like to change bits on their cars when its not necessary. Spending money on the cars is their hobby. I'm not knocking it, it's just I have someone always asking me if it is really necessary and making me think twice.

Having said that you will need some decent front pads. I made the mistake of doing a track day on motor factor pads and destroyed the front pads and front discs ( pads were down to bare metal) in one day. I switched to EBC yellow stuff on the front and they are wearing well after a couple of track days. The motor factor rear pads are hardly touched so don't waste your money upgrading those. By the way I believe blue stuff are for race use only. I have a friend who runs top running drivers in a Mazda MX5 race team and they seem get good results on yellow stuff.

For the odd track day you don't need braided hoses but I would suggest you change your brake fluid as it will boil and you will lose pedal feel. I just changed to motor factor 5.1 and that works fine for me.

Until you are extracting the maximum from your driving you are unlikely to need a lot of expensive brake upgrades. Yellow stuff pads and a brake fluid change will see you through fine for now with change from £100.

Arctic 182, GTD
If you are only doing the odd track day then I doubt you need to change the discs. A lot of people like to change bits on their cars when its not necessary. Spending money on the cars is their hobby. I'm not knocking it, it's just I have someone always asking me if it is really necessary and making me think twice.

Having said that you will need some decent front pads. I made the mistake of doing a track day on motor factor pads and destroyed the front pads and front discs ( pads were down to bare metal) in one day. I switched to EBC yellow stuff on the front and they are wearing well after a couple of track days. The motor factor rear pads are hardly touched so don't waste your money upgrading those. By the way I believe blue stuff are for race use only. I have a friend who runs top running drivers in a Mazda MX5 race team and they seem get good results on yellow stuff.

For the odd track day you don't need braided hoses but I would suggest you change your brake fluid as it will boil and you will lose pedal feel. I just changed to motor factor 5.1 and that works fine for me.

Until you are extracting the maximum from your driving you are unlikely to need a lot of expensive brake upgrades. Yellow stuff pads and a brake fluid change will see you through fine for now with change from £100.

This is the kinda reply I wanted mate so thank you very much, I appreciate some people have different preferences etc. but yeah I only use the car at weekends and will occassionally use it for the odd track day, sorry for not mentioning it before. But I'm glad I didn't go crazy and spend unessaceery money, my discs will need doing because they do look worse for wear but I'm happy to use pagid if they won't make a difference. So I'll price up some yellow stuff ones on Tuesday at work and get some 5.1 fluid from somewhere swell.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
How much would this cost and is it really necessary for one's first track day?

you work for ECP, fit all Pagid disks and pads, they're utterly excellent, I fit loads of them and have tracked several cars with them on now.
New fluid would be ideal too.

Not changing disks when you fit new pads is wasting your own time

Arctic 182, GTD
you work for ECP, fit all Pagid disks and pads, they're utterly excellent, I fit loads of them and have tracked several cars with them on now.
New fluid would be ideal too.

Not changing disks when you fit new pads is wasting your own time

Ok sold! Means I buy my white line arb this month too :) thanks again guys!!

Ph1 T
Really? How come?

Took the car out for a good blast the other day didn't feel anywhere as good as the ds2500 on the 182 I'll be saving them as always good to have a spare set but as I'm hoping to do plenty of track days feel I need something abit sharper

Got some buckets bought dan :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah fair enough. Bucket seats, nice. Whatever car I get next I will be doing trackdays so will have to catch up then :)