ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best engine fault diagnostic tool off e bay???? Just for fault finding

Clio 182
Hi guys

ok under £50 what is the best OBD2 tool I could get off e bay for finding and resetting the engine management light thing? Car is going in to garage for camblet, dephaser pulley etc in 2 weeks but I recall my Impreza kept coming on and annoying me when it had a misfire........

Which would you recommend on e bay just to find fault and reset so I can tell the garage or save pounds and fix myself.

Steve

Clio 182
if you have an android phone or iPhone download torque pro for £3 and get a Bluetooth obd2 kit of eBay for a tenner and that is all you need, that's what i use and its never failed to pick up a fault code ob several different cars!!

Clio 182
Thanks mate, will that also reset the engine management light as well???? Just reading a bit on here and I put normal unleaded in it and previous owner ran it on super so wondered if that could be problem??? I have an I phone by the way.

Steve

monaco 172
just had a look at one of these on ebay.

will it read brake system faults aswel? Seems a half decent bit of kit for a tenner

A.N. Other
  Clio 172mk2
nah not fussed about live info, im more of fit it then its there to connect to when needed. My phone mount is in the cupholder with built in charger so is a pain in arse to take out.

Main thing would be that that cable still allows the cupholders back down?

thanks in advance

I have a sealey obd scanner, not sure if it works on my phase 1 Clio but is spot on with the missus astra and sisters focus, reads the same fault codes as the techs snap on units at work Which I just google as I never seem to have the user manual , cost me 10 quid on eBay, resets codes too and something else that I have never needed yet, it's the size of a pocket dictionary and red with black centre, it's in the garage so can't get the exact model number but been sport on so far