ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best exhaust for 172?

none, just walk
i hear the standard phs 2 172 exhaust costs the same price as a replacement after market one so when mine goes what the best one to get?, is it best to just get a back box or a whole system?

also what makes the best noise? i know im not expecting a massive power gain but is there any out there that does both?

cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi, In my opinion REMUS is the best option to gain hp´s and nice sound

Regards

Volvo S60 T5
If your old like me then a standard system is fine I can offer a little bit of discount on a standard system.
I run mine with a de-cat and have not noticed any loss of power at all.

Pro-speed system seem pretty damn good to me, I found the Ktec system I had on mine a little noisey but I'm an old fart now. lol

LY182/NHB CTR
got mine from Pro-Speed in Cardiff and it must sound good as my mate came down from Manchester to have his done after seeing my car and then my neighbours (Charlie B) had their car done after that..

i have a phs 2 172 kept it looking standard but he does lots of different options

ant

yep.
for a great sound go blueflame, £245 fitted.

bf3.gif

Audi S3 225
ive had a ktec system with decat and am now back at standard system with cat, im not old just got fed up of people calling me a boy racer at work cos it was so loud.

Half stripped mk2 172
If you want a proper race exhaust and want to go a bit hardcore, go for a supersprint 63.5mm, with decat like i got:D!!!

If not yozzasport offer a ragnotti system which is quite good and subway has one of them.

Vince

R35 GTR
Hopefully I'll have my ktec one on tomorrow, huge oval sticking out the back.

No doubt I'll be called a boy racer now though.lol.

I have never heard it, but the louder the better, I like the noise.

172 Cup
Dave3141 said:
Hopefully I'll have my ktec one on tomorrow, huge oval sticking out the back...

I have never heard it, but the louder the better, I like the noise.

Sounds..... greaat.. :dead:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
run115 said:
If you want a proper race exhaust and want to go a bit hardcore, go for a supersprint 63.5mm, with decat like i got:D!!!

If not yozzasport offer a ragnotti system which is quite good and subway has one of them.

Vince

but i was under the impression the yozzasport one is a supersprint... fettled a bit?

Half stripped mk2 172
I believe its on the same design, but not the same, i own a supersprint, and its loud, a mate owns a yozza one, its not so loud apparently, i only got a straigh pipe from the decat to a single back box at the back.

Vince

Lionel Richie
we based our ragnotti system on the supersprint race system, but removed all the bad/weak points that the supersprint had

Half stripped mk2 172
^^^^Fred, my supersprint hasnt got got any weak points!!! LOL!

The only point that is getting weaker is my ear drum!!!!!

Vince

how about 182manifold , modded d cat to fit etc .
ppl say the 182 exhaust is 10bhp for the 172 ????????;)