ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best front shocks - std or ??

2007 Megane R26
I'm looking to change / improve my front end. The car is a regular 182 with Eibach proline/ pro kit springs and koni sport adjustable rear dampers.
Are Renault front shocks the best for a road car? I've seen Koni adjustables but they're three times the price of standard kit.
The car seems to lean at the front when pushing through corners (more than I'd expected). I'm open to suggestions as to setup ...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
For standard stuff Renault is fine.

@renaultpartsdirect

I have standard shocks and h@r springs and for a relatively standard setup handles great imo. Maybe a stiffer spring would be more suited for you?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I might be wrong but I think 172 cup shocks will fit a non cup packed 182 which i assume you have?
If they don't just fit, just refresh with standard shocks from Renault.

Aftermarket shocks on these are a waste of money IMO unless you are doing serious track work that is.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
172 cup shocks do fit and are a nice ride too with my Cooksport springs

2007 Megane R26
I don't want to go too stiff spring wise, I mean I don't want to compromise the ability to ride smoothly over bumps. Maybe a set of std 182 front shocks and a rear anti roll bar would give the results I'm after ??