ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best install for £1000

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

My mate is getting a clio 1.2 dynamique and has got about £1000 to spend on ice.

Anyone any suggestions as to what he should go for?

I was thinking along the lines of a Sony MP3 headunit, with Alpine components for the front and again in the rear, (dont like 6X9s anymore) and 12in Alpine Sub and Amp?

Wot you guys think?

Im o n a smiliar budget, im going for Alpine components in teh front, runn off a 2 channel amp, and then twin 10" subs in the back runn off a different 2 channel amp, or maybe a big mono block

Alpine 9815 £300 (HU)
Jl Audio 10w3v2 £170 (sub)
Phase Linear PB2 £200 (2ch amp)
Genesis (audiophile)A13 £220 (front comps)
Boston Acoustics FS50 £130 (rear comps)

£1020

then when you can afford it, spend another £300 on a Genesis Profile 4 amp to power both sets of components

What he said !! That combo would be GREAT !! although the 9815 is more like £350 !! You could always go for the 9813 which has all the features bar the 2 line screen and save yourself £50 !!

great choices main thing is avoid sony headunits! apologies to those with them but i have never got along with them, cant really touch alpine or pioneer for quality

pioneer 77MP - £230 car audio direct

rockford 551x - £290 car audio direct (2x70rms and 1x275rms)

genesis profile 13 - £150 car audio direct (can handle 80 rms, lovely sounding speakers)

precision power pc122 - £120 car audio direct (dual 2 ohm, can handle approx 300 rms)

totals around £800, spend the rest on sound deadning, wiring and box for sub.

the rockford amp should give u a few more rms than it states.

probs the best system you can get for £1k

HTH

Ad

bambam disagree with u there mate, would suggest losing the rear components and spending that cash on a small amp to run the front components...

...also any reason why uve specifically suggested a 10inch sub when the guy hasnt stated what his musical tastes r...he might be into mainly R+B and hip hop so in which case a 15inch sub would be better suited to his needs.

only my opinion of course...from what ive read of what uve posted b4 uve always been pretty spot on

in the last 5 years rockford kit has gone right down hill in terms of quality, yes the older amps are still good value for money, but they have started to churn their products out with very little developmet, and are falling behind all their rivals

davidol, id do the same, but in his original post he does state comps for the rear, all i was doing was going along with his request, we all know what my ideal set-up is and it doesnt have any sort of mid/treble in the rear

reason for a 10" sub is the control they have, ive never heard a 12" that is well controlled IMHO with the right box, they can drop lower than a 12, but still have the punchiness that i desire from a sub