ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best ITB's?

They offer different length ITBs too (I think!)

Speaking to Matt he's trying to run the longer ones on mine, meant to give a bit more torque.

The downside is you need to remove the slam panel and fit bonnet catches instead, that doesn't bother me though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a big difference in throttle response? And can you feel the difference in power from standard?
There is a MASSIVE difference in throttle response mate. To be honest, it's this very responsiveness that I enjoy as much as anything else about the ITB conversion. :D In terms of feeling the difference in power, it is noticeable. However, you do need to be realistic. Sure, the Clio is a relatively light car and all but (as one guy said to me) you won't be chasing down Lambo's anytime soon... So just go into it knowing that it's going to cost a fair whack and be realistic in what your gains are going to be real world :D

Personally I noticed a huge difference in power. But there was a reason for that. Without going into detail my engine was screwed and only made in the 150's so picking it up fixed from TDF with it pulling 200bhp the difference was 'significant' ;)

Ph 2 172
There is a MASSIVE difference in throttle response mate. To be honest, it's this very responsiveness that I enjoy as much as anything else about the ITB conversion. :D In terms of feeling the difference in power, it is noticeable. However, you do need to be realistic. Sure, the Clio is a relatively light car and all but (as one guy said to me) you won't be chasing down Lambo's anytime soon... So just go into it knowing that it's going to cost a fair whack and be realistic in what your gains are going to be real world :D

Personally I noticed a huge difference in power. But there was a reason for that. Without going into detail my engine was screwed and only made in the 150's so picking it up fixed from TDF with it pulling 200bhp the difference was 'significant' ;)

Haha my engine is a bit worse for wear at the minute aswell, not sure what sort of power its running at the minute but ill be interested to find out. I certainly dont think its running at 170bhp anymore! lol. Did they give you a power run before they started work on your car? Something to compare the end result to?

Its the respnosiveness that im looking forward to! Being able to put your foot down anywhere in the rev range and the car reacting straight away!!

Evo 5 RS
They offer different length ITBs too (I think!)

Speaking to Matt he's trying to run the longer ones on mine, meant to give a bit more torque.

The downside is you need to remove the slam panel and fit bonnet catches instead, that doesn't bother me though.

is it the actual trumpets or the runners?

I thought about putting the 48 120s on mine this time round but couldn't be arsed