ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Laptops?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
My lappy seems to be dying a slow, painful death here :dapprove:

What should I replace it with? I have a Dell atm but I like the better screens you can get now, don't know if the new Dell's come with them but have seen them on Vaio's and Compaqs.

Min Spec

Mobile Processor 1.73Ghz
512Mb Ram (would like 1Gb really)
80Gb HDD
Nice 15" Screen

Polo + Micra
have a look here

i don't normally buy stuff off e-bay but i got a inspirion 9400 and it was top notch (for the 5 days i had it:()

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i got a dual core insipiron 6400 from dell. 1gb ram 80gb hd.

best laptop ive ever had.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bunzee - you haven't said what you really what it for, m8? I agree with NySwitch - Rock laptops are great - slightly pricey, but they've got a decent spec. Only used a Dell laptop once and that was a good few years ago, so I can't really judge on them these days.

We use a mixture of Toshiba and HP laptops at work - in fact this laptop I'm typing on now is a HP as well. No frills and they get the job done. Again, what is it you're after though?

Personal experience of Sony Vaios would put them way, way down the bottom of my list. Genuinely shocking after-sales service - usually from an irritating French-person. If the MD didn't use one himself on a daily basis, I'd find it a convenient open window to balance from....

D.

3 MPS, MX5
I maybe selling my 17" widescreen Sony Vaio VGN A317S as I've hardly used it due to buying a cheaper 15" Vaio through the business. I used it as a 17" TV when I first bought it at the beginning of the year. Its a shame as its a high end laptop and a bit pricey as just a TV.
Not really that practical if you want to carry it everywhere as its a bit of a beast, although Sony do offer a case for it. If its more portability that you need but with a good screen then the one I use for work is adequate (for me its fine anyway:approve: ) Sony Vaio VGN-FS415B.

Heres the specs http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Sony-Vaio-A317S-VGN-A317S/version.asp
2059.jpg

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Darren S said:
Bunzee - you haven't said what you really what it for, m8? I agree with NySwitch - Rock laptops are great - slightly pricey, but they've got a decent spec. Only used a Dell laptop once and that was a good few years ago, so I can't really judge on them these days.

We use a mixture of Toshiba and HP laptops at work - in fact this laptop I'm typing on now is a HP as well. No frills and they get the job done. Again, what is it you're after though?

Personal experience of Sony Vaios would put them way, way down the bottom of my list. Genuinely shocking after-sales service - usually from an irritating French-person. If the MD didn't use one himself on a daily basis, I'd find it a convenient open window to balance from....

D.

Sorry didn't think to put what I use it for! I don't really use my current one for much, surfing the net, storing and editing photos, watching DVDs, a few low end games, MS office, nothing particularly taxing.

I don't know what to think of the Vaio's, I like the look of them and being a girl that's always good :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
in general its good advice to AVOID dell desktops, but their laptops and monitors on the other hand are brilliant.

ive been told to stay away from the budget dell laptops, anything from say £700-£800+ is ok (Was told this a while back so maby cheaper than £700-£800 now but that was what i was told at the time)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
my dell cost me 1100 in total. well worth it. out performs everything i have ever had even my desktop, which is packard bell

Fiat Panda 100hp
VAIOs are mint in fairness, the screens are the best with the x-black, and a decent spec, mine would be more than enough for what your going to need it for bunzee. I do all the things that you do and I also play games such as Half Life 2 and counter strike source, which are demanding games, and the vaio runs them with ease.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Dell D810. Very quick and very sturdy. Not the lightest thing in the world but its pretty much bullet proof.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I've had problems with both Dell and Sony laptops (3 of each)

Currently have an HP Compaq nx 8220 and it has been great. Build quality is much better than the others I have had. The only thing I miss is the onyx screen.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Dell's prices are good but if you want any upgrades or customer service, prepare to pay far far over the odds

Dell laptops are good, yes.

If I didn't buy this MBP, I'd have bought the Sony Vaio SZ (Carbon Fibre) one..