ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best mechanically modified Clio

Renault Clio S
If there was a CS award for the best mechanically modified clio (all models), who in your opinion would get the award?

For me I guess it would be MikeTs Vee - which I believe is still on the road despitea recent 'moment' in the wet.

Mechanical mods only so 1.2s with Vee body kits need not apply.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I would do some pretty nasty stuff for Barron's Racing Blue ITB'd Ph1. AST's too.

So yeah, that.

rps13
i really liked the batmobile as far as head to toe mods are concerned.

99 percent of the mods where function over form but still looked hot

theres a few, i havent been on here that long but

mini valvers...
the TT...
that 172 turbo (if i see it run, well...)
RSTunings supercharged slut... (most under-rated thing on here)
ITB'd clios (eg. bazzon/barron)
kevo66/tooneysonic....

the list goes on tbh and id only offend/forget some corkers!

if ryanks car gets some form i'd throw that in too

and anything that icarus/fred/angelworks touch tbh

Renault Clio S
+3

Soon not to be MikeT's, but it will be in good hands I'm sure ;)

What - he's selling it?

EDIT: post from v6clio.net

#1 by Mike T » on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:36 pm
Long story short

I have 6 cars now (of which 3 are 2 seaters which you obviously need for the family!) - and I just bought a 1200cc BMW bike (a sort of late mid life crisis unless I live to 100!)

As I approach my half century and now have my first grandson to cart around my wife seems to think that a row of cars and bikes is not the way forwards and reflected that I look a bit of a t**t with a baby seat in the V6, particularly now he's learned to pull the gearlever on the upshifts to get a large bang from the exhaust.
Now as my trousers have been worn by her for at least 20 years and I still generally get away with murder I had to concede that maybe its time for a change so I am contemplating putting my V6 on the market.

icon_sad.gif

I believe I have invoices totaling £50k for mods over the last 4 years and god knows how much cash has been squirreled away into it!
The spec is way to long for here suffice it to say it has the following highlights

390 bhp (zero lag) or 460bhp (minimal lag) depending on turbo housing used - both supplied (Orbisoud headers and backbox - turbo bit custom in the middle!

The Turbo is a one off built personally by Lee Owen of Owen Developments and is based on a GT3076, its stunning in response.

Sadev sequential gearbox and full trophy drive train

Full Motec management, dash and logging ( this includes flat throttle upshifts, rev matching downshifts, traction control, launch control, 4 way switchable mapping etc etc etc

Current gearing gives about 4 secs to 60 in the dry with LC, (we've run sub 10 to 100 according to the logger) and a top speed of 136 (I find this adequate!)

It has massive 6 pot ap brakes (£3k)

It all looks lovely inside with buckets and harnesses, intercom and fire system etc etc

It still has its interior and glovebox so its a comfyish place (if a little noisy!).

The engines only done about 3000 miles since Scott stripped and rebuilt it - the cars only done about 13000 miles in its whole life!

The cars paintwork has just been tidied up following the years of development and to be frank its never been more complete or clean (and it has brand new tyres that haven't seen the road yet.

I love this car, I loved building it and now find I have little time to use it. I want it to go to someone that will use it and carry on its life as a bit of a "special". Scott knows the car inside out so maintaining it is as simple as talking to him. The mapping was Mark at Owen developments and the motorsport wiring will outlive Doctor Who.

Before (and if) I take this to Pistonheads or similar for about £25k I will let it go to the right person on here for £20k. Its not for shopping or commuting - its for scaring yourself shitless when the sun shines, its a toy. It will also need more lovin than your regular road car, gearbox oil change at 3000 miles for example.

Probably worth noting that the gearbox is more than £10k on its own!

Can't believe I'm posting this but I guess she's right - the grandson'll be much safer on the back of the new 1198 Ducati!!

Serious enquires only as the car is at Scotts and I'm in Reading!

PM me if your serious and I can go through the spec when I dig out all the invoices which I have kept cos I'm a saddo!

Mike

Lionel Richie
turbocharged, sequential sadev box (£15K alone!) every motec option there is (probably £10K's worth) stripped out, with the worlds largest rear spoiler!

320d
Tbh i'm looking forward to seeing f0xy's MK1 finished. If he goes all the way with ITB's etc eventually then it gets my vote.

I would also sell one of my lungs for barrons Ph1 its epic.

SBV's cup, you lot will wet your knickers when you see that!

already have and i can agree its the dogs dangly bits, only the size of the dogs bits out of Van wilder party liason

it gave me a semi when ben showed me around lol

naith thanks for the mention buddy right back at you! lots more planned yet though :D

since Jords car aint finished yet and he's being so smug on msn i'm going to exclude ;) :rasp:

172 5HED
To be fair there are some fantastic cars on here, credit to thier owners time and dedication, couldnt choose one!!