ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best performance exhaust

172 Silver Cup
What would be the best cat back system for performance alone? I have plans to decat it at a later date. No mods to engine yet, but cams maybe sometime in the future.

172 Silver Cup
why would that be best for performance? Thought them sort of custom places were all boys in there corsa's for looks? If so where in southwest? Surly it would be best buying one from ktec or yozza who take time to develop them?

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
hello-kitty-exhaust-pipe.bmp

172 Silver Cup
not a bit of metal tho is it? Why do formula one teams spend millions? Its just a piece of carbon fiber!!!

172 Silver Cup
Well whatever, I am after a serious answer. Cant see me driving round a track with a exhaust like the one above!!!

Ph1
You want a 2.5'' bore straight through system from the likes of Yozza, GDi, K-tec , or custom etc etc

In the 2.5'' category no difference in performance between makes other than the quality of welds, fit and sound.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
GDI supplied mine and it was VERY good and has a decent sound. Not raspy or loud like others ive heard. Very deep sounding, and rumble at idle

titanic killer
GDI supplied mine and it was VERY good and has a decent sound. Not raspy or loud like others ive heard. Very deep sounding, and rumble at idle
True but he said in his original post that he was gonna fit a decat so on that basis i wouldnt get the gdi one unless you are gonna drive your car with ear defenders,as you'l need them tbh

Ph1
Eh :S

Thought GDi's one was meant to be pretty quiet and certainly quieter the higher the revs

Its Yozza's race one thats the 'loud one'

titanic killer

Thought GDi's one was meant to be pretty quiet and certainly quieter the higher the revs

Ive had the gdi one long enough to no what im talking about chief!
gdi one is not quiet at all(maybe on tick over)quite boomy on motorway and is an absolute fooking headache coupled with a decat,took my decat off pretty quick,so it defo aint quiet
but yes it does get slightly quieter above 5k+

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
mate has one from a race team

but ther are 1200 ish to buy new i think - defo round the 1k mark

Ph1

gdi one is not quiet at all(maybe on tick over)quite boomy on motorway and is an absolute fooking headache coupled with a decat,took my decat off pretty quick,so it defo aint quiet

Quite suprised at that because i havent really heard anyone complain about the noise level from a GDi system other than a positive one.

I know Yozza race one is meant to be very loud.

End of the day its all down to what a person can tolerate.

ITB'd MK1

you're best off with a sport cat for the best of both worlds, to get gains but keep the noise sensible. Ours is still one of the quietest off the shelf performance systems, but free flowing does mean louder to an extent :)

arctic 182 black wheels
just fitted the janspeed cat back system to my 182 and must admit i'm over the moon with it, it's not loud or boomy just a subtle sporty tone and combined with my green cotton kit and at 5k revs it sounds very powerful. defo recommend it

clio 172 cup
supersprint. comes with data to prove the power too. but it aint cheap:( i think they do a road system and also race system. but race systems may not be availble anymore for older models. i got a decat pipe from a company called devil for a resonable price which seem to be fine. i wouldnt advise a custom exhaust. for

Clio on SL 2118s
dont know which are the best for performance but yozza 2" sports/supersport exhaust and ktec recessed do it for me in the looks department.