ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Place for 2nd battery

:) wheres the best place for me to put my 2nd :) i was hoping for it to be nearest the the front so i dont have to have this massive 4awg going in the whole car :)

its only a 1.2 so loads of room but i just dont no where
i was going to put it where there jack is ? but i noticed that ECU is under that

J

jamesy

on a mk1 you should be able to remove a section of the battery tray which would then accomodate two 065 which they run standard so sit the two together or just add a high output alternator or remove the battery clamp and stick a massive tranny battery in your have plenty of power on tap;) (have you done a check on the battery to make sure it has 6x 2volt cells functioning properly or that the regulator on the alternator is not at fault?)

jamesy said:
on a mk1 you should be able to remove a section of the battery tray which would then accomodate two 065 which they run standard so sit the two together or just add a high output alternator or remove the battery clamp and stick a massive tranny battery in your have plenty of power on tap;) (have you done a check on the battery to make sure it has 6x 2volt cells functioning properly or that the regulator on the alternator is not at fault?)

im only guessing that theres no fault in the alternator :) car only done 31,000
you say two 065's will fit. what does 065 mean ? how will i find two 065 :) :-D

J

jamesy

065 is a general code used for classification of battery the f7p and f7r engines require one due to extra electrics and larger more powerful engines your probably have a 063 again you should have room to double up the code will be apparent when you go into the car shop;)

is there where you ment :)

Attachments

• DSCI0008.JPG
    DSCI0008.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 97
J

jamesy

yep them two batteries together are the size of the one that im running up frontLOL

mk2 ph1
I would first see about upgrading the alternator mate, my brother has a bigger battery in his car and it just loses the charge and the car cant keep it at fully wack.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I'd keep the second battery in the garage. As there is one already in the car!!! hehe