ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for bushes?

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Where is the best place to buy suspension bushes from? My 2003 172 Cup is creaking under full lock, which I have put down to bushes being on the way out. I'm hoping to replace every bush up front and hopefully this will stop the creaking. What kind of prices am I looking at and will I pleasantly surprised with genuine Renault parts from the stealer? (I got a new set of rear dampers for £104, whic was a nice surprise!)

Any help appreciated, cheers.

the front strut top mounts are the favourite culprit for creaking on full lock and are probably the 'easiest' of the suspension rubbers to be replacing so i'd start by doing those. you can buy the bearing races and the rubber donuts from EuroCarParts for about £60 for a car set.

the top mounts are a rubbish design, though (there's loads of free movement, even with a new donut), and you're unlikely to eradicate the problem. i've recently renewed mine and it has improved things but the springs are still free to creak around in the spring caps at full lock.

edit, to say that i think genuine Renault parts are 2-3 times more expensive and likely won't be any better due to the inherent slack in the design of the donut

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
How well rated are Powerflex bushes? I can get a front set for wishbones and ARB for £104 from Yozzasport. I can't imagine them being much cheaper at Renault, if at all