ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for Custom back-box (Midlands)

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I know this question has been asked 100 times, so apologies for that, but where is the best place to get a custom stainless-steel backbox for my fiesta 1.0 ecoboost zetec-s. The car is so quiet and I want some exhaust noise! Not going full chav, but i'd like it pretty loud (don't hate), maybe almost as loud as a yozza - is trying to achieve this through just a backbox going to result in a "tinny" sound?

So where's the best place to go?

​Thanks!

Are these 1.0 eco boost engines the ones that punch a fair chunk of power out for how small the unit is??

Cannot be much help on the exhaust but can say stay well clear of MIJ in walsall.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
John ashley is a good call, although just not ruining it would be even better.

If you must do this, make sure you get it done in such a way you can refit the standard backbox as you'll limit your market selling it if its got some chavvy loud exhaust on it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's full of boring old farts is CS!

Yes cause its really exciting just annoying all your neighbours and looking like an idiot chav driving around in a 1.0 car with almost no silencing so it doesnt sound powerful it sounds broken.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
True, but why would you want to put a louder exhaust on a 1ltr engine? To be fair anything with 4 cylinders shouldn't be any louder than it needs to be lol.

Yes I'm looking at you Subaru owners.

This thing probably makes more power than my nova sr did back in the day and that was a 1400!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Yes cause its really exciting just annoying all your neighbours and looking like an idiot chav driving around in a 1.0 car with almost no silencing so it doesnt sound powerful it sounds broken.

Thank you for responses all, I appreciate what you're saying chip, I also did mention I don't want it so loud that it sounds "tinny", which is similar to what you're saying about it saying it will sound "broken", this is exactly what I don't want. Yes this is the engine that puts out very decent power for its capacity, 125bhp and 147 ft/lbs. I'll be going down the ST rear diffuser + backbox route if any. I don't want to look like an idiot but I think if it was a little louder it wouldn't hurt.

John Ashley seems a popular choice, also I think putting standard bumper/exhaust on come re-sale time won't be too difficult?

​Thanks

Are these 1.0 eco boost engines the ones that punch a fair chunk of power out for how small the unit is??

Cannot be much help on the exhaust but can say stay well clear of MIJ in walsall.

I on the other hand like MIJ, always good value, cheap as chips, I blow the innerds out and they weld a new one on.
You do get what you pay for but there exhausts do what they say on the tin, LOUD, it's no Yozza but it's cheap.
Mine eggy is in the media section, go have a listen.