ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for iTB's

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Are remaps worth the money...realistically do you notice it and think wow

i think a lot of it comes down to = what do you want from it and what mods you have got.

you could get between 5-15 bhp (mods depending)?

172/1.2/E30
It's got a dedicated narrowband - I'm not using wideband simulated as narrow as I understand that's a bit of a s**te setup
And it runs at 14.7 on part throttle through town on the wideband display - so how exactly is it setup wrong?

I should also point out he asked if I wanted practical economy or track speed and I said track speed as it's not a daily drive. But still it seems to be setup fine to me

How can you have a wideband display if you are using a narrowband sensor? Narrowbands can't give you an exact afr value.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Same opinion as me then, why pay £3K for iTB's when all you doing to do is show them off to your mates. May make your car faster to the nearest KFC but not worth the price tag.
I did it for this very reason and it's the best waste of several grand I've ever spent. Never had a cold Fillet Burger since. I have to confess that it has nothing at all to do with the sheer driving fun a well-setup ITB'd Clio provides, whether on track or favourite stretches of back road. Why waste money for those reasons?! LOL! ;)

Of course I jest, but I don't think many folks are in a position to spend £3k to just show off to mates?!?!? :D If they are then fair play to them!

Plan on a few track days a year once i get the suspension refreshed etc etc, but i want ITBs for the noise and low down power increase, and purely because i can. Stupid question but are ITBs MOT legal?? I cant see why not but never know. As you all seem to have had them you are the best people to ask :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I do conversions yes. I don't sell kits though, mail order isn't really my thing apart from a few items. I like to tailor every job to the car and owner anyway

FF Clio 182
I do conversions yes. I don't sell kits though, mail order isn't really my thing apart from a few items. I like to tailor every job to the car and owner anyway

How much do you charge for a walk in, walk out service? i.e I give you the car and you fit the iTB's and do all mapping ?

Jesus really? How do I have a wideband display with a narrowband?
Because their is a narrowband lambda in the 182 manifold connected to the omex and a wideband lambda before the sports cat connected to a display on the dash

Plan on a few track days a year once i get the suspension refreshed etc etc, but i want ITBs for the noise and low down power increase, and purely because i can. Stupid question but are ITBs MOT legal?? I cant see why not but never know. As you all seem to have had them you are the best people to ask :)

Because you can is EXACTLY the reason to do it :D

And yeah mines been mapped so well it actually flies through the emissions tests with emissons lower than it had standard!
I've got a sports cat on mine but you can just keep the standard exhaust system

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
How much do you charge for a walk in, walk out service? i.e I give you the car and you fit the iTB's and do all mapping ?

​It'll work out about £3k give or take once filter, radiator and fan options are worked out. More if you want cams at the same time obviously

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
different with cams. Peak power tends to be higher up the revs and you don't have as good a torque spread

Evo 5 RS
Get both. Throttle bodies trump cams every time. Totally transform the car if done right. People that say they're not worth it are either A. Poor. Or B. Just don't know what they're talking about or care about pub talk figures. Or more understandably prefer boost which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

You need to drive all the options before you decide for yourself.

Get both. Throttle bodies trump cams every time. Totally transform the car if done right. People that say they're not worth it are either A. Poor. Or B. Just don't know what they're talking about or care about pub talk figures. Or more understandably prefer boost which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

LMFAO yes you have to be poor to think that putting £3k ITB's on a £1500 car is a bit daft when for that money you could go and buy an evo 6, or an integra type r, or any number of better handling cars with lsd's and more power to start with? ;)

Evo 5 RS
Who the f*ck would want an Evo 6. You ever tried running one? I'd take a throttle bodied Mk2 over both cars. If you wanted an Integra for the money you should of bought one in the first place. Just FYI, they respond even better to ITBS

LOL I know DC2 on bodies - yum.

I bought my Clio cos it was a cheap 106 replacement and I didn't plan on modding it. But then started buying bits until got out of hand and ended up a pretty good spec.

If I was starting from scratch - I wouldn't spend £9k again building my car - there's a LOT better cars for that money these days.

172 Race Car
Bodies on an otherwise stock engine is a very nice setup. As has been said you may get similar maximum figures for willy waving with just cams but stick the power higher up. itb's really change the character of the car and win hands down imo. Added together are quite special tho but bodies then cams imo

Clio 172 Cup
So realistically how much are you talking for Jenvey Itbs and an Ecu to be supplied and fitted?

If you want itbs cheaper...
Go through eBay or put up a wanted add up here :)

I got a nice set off eBay from a 206.
In the middle of fitting them myself.
Just need a loom and a mapper :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I don't know what it is but I think I might start collecting parts to throttle body mine in the future, I'm not going to rush into buying all the stuff straight away but just start a collection of items and put a kit together slowly.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Price to throttle body, could buy you another car.

Even on my shi^e track saxo, if I had a time machine, I wouldn't fit ITB's.

I share the same views and opinions as Phil. Not ghey or owt like.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Price to throttle body, could buy you another car.

Even on my shi^e track saxo, if I had a time machine, I wouldn't fit ITB's.

I share the same views and opinions as Phil. Not ghey or owt like.

If you get them 2nd hand then I'm pretty sure they won't loose much money if you wanted to take them off and sell them on.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
If you get them 2nd hand then I'm pretty sure they won't loose much money if you wanted to take them off and sell them on.

I did.

Buying the boddies is the cheap and easy part.
But.. 2nd hand... whilst the concept is fine (and I got mine from a reputable guy... well as reputable as you can safely know someone from what he/she/it types on a web page..) and the boddies were advertised as 'complete' - there were fittings missing, TPS missing and still some diy to do after all the parts are removed from his 'well packaged' solution.
Not that I'm bitter about it or anything, but yeah in concept, 2nd hand is cheaper.

Then comes the ECU, mapping (also the labour for fitting if you don't do it) blah blah blah. Even just the hassle of getting it to the place to be mapped is a pain.

So, all said and done - £3k for a solution, isn't bad value IMO. Its just that would spend that elsewhere - and from experience, not on ITB's.

But its all IMO - so gives a who fcuk. If you know what I mean.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I did.

Buying the boddies is the cheap and easy part.
But.. 2nd hand... whilst the concept is fine (and I got mine from a reputable guy... well as reputable as you can safely know someone from what he/she/it types on a web page..) and the boddies were advertised as 'complete' - there were fittings missing, TPS missing and still some diy to do after all the parts are removed from his 'well packaged' solution.
Not that I'm bitter about it or anything, but yeah in concept, 2nd hand is cheaper.

Then comes the ECU, mapping (also the labour for fitting if you don't do it) blah blah blah. Even just the hassle of getting it to the place to be mapped is a pain.

So, all said and done - £3k for a solution, isn't bad value IMO. Its just that would spend that elsewhere - and from experience, not on ITB's.

But its all IMO - so gives a who fcuk. If you know what I mean.

Ye I suppose that's the thing, unless you get really lucky and get 100% of the stuff needed then you will need to fiddle about.

And that's the thing if I start collecting parts bit by bit over time, it won't be a huge outlay all at once and then I will prob buy an ecu and have it put together at the end. And when I say a while I mean at least a year possible a few lol

I don't want to get rid of it so it would be worth it to me but I also do look at it as this is a lot of money for not an amazing amount of stuff lol

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Ye I suppose that's the thing, unless you get really lucky and get 100% of the stuff needed then you will need to fiddle about.

And that's the thing if I start collecting parts bit by bit over time, it won't be a huge outlay all at once and then I will prob buy an ecu and have it put together at the end. And when I say a while I mean at least a year possible a few lol

I don't want to get rid of it so it would be worth it to me but I also do look at it as this is a lot of money for not an amazing amount of stuff lol

That's a fair assessment.

Mine is a toy, so I buy bits for it as part of a hobby (an expensive one). I also like to keep browsing auctions and hope to pick up parts along the way, so not too dissimilar there either.

It's just that the n/a benefits are small for the outlay, but as I say to my wife (well along with a few other choice words) "it's not like I'm down the pub every night" and throwing money at my hobby keeps me off the streets.

I'm a tramp, you see.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye that's it tbh it's exactly the same for me, I enjoy building up what I have and I do go out spending stupid money on drinking and what not.

And the same for my missus but I also throw in that I'm spending money on her with buying her an engagement ring so I need to treat myself along the way lol

FF Clio 182
From K-Tec you can get the ECU with the kit for an extra £1K. What is the benefit of buying it? Can iTB's not be remapped onto the original ECU?

As people have said 2nd hand really doesn't help

I paid £1600 for Jenveys + manifold + linkage + fuel rail + throttle cable + ph1 throttle pedal + filters + 90mm trumpets + wiring loom + omex 600

But the little bits add up so quickly, getting a PROPER filter and carbon backin plate was £150 ish, then new nuts and bolts to fit it all was £20/30, mapping £300,

I think with everything fitted and mapped and me happy it cost about £2300 but I'm still not happy with the loom as someone else has made it quite badly - so £3k for a brand new drive in/drive out solution is really not that bad

182 cup
I don't know what it is but I think I might start collecting parts to throttle body mine in the future, I'm not going to rush into buying all the stuff straight away but just start a collection of items and put a kit together slowly.

Exactly what im doing!

All i need is ECU, tps adapter loom and coil pack mount