ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to buy a 182

hello, i need the help of you experts. i recently went into renault place at cambridge and was quoted 13+ for a 182 with both packs in met black, and that was with a £1000 discount (as they are trying to sell their remaining stock). thing is, i know there are cheaper deals out there. i did a search as i seem to remember a thread called "how much did you pay for your 182" but i couldnt find that. i have been in contact with barkers of preston but they arent a renault dealer. any ones help would be highly appreciated.

Go to a couple of dealerships and get try getting them to out class each other, also get a quote off one of these car supermarkets and show the dealer, they dont always like to loose a sale, especially if they know your serious and have been looking around;)

Id look at an import personally and get coilovers and an better quality aftermaket alarms.

Have a check round there should be loads of deals at the moment sine they dont sell many cars I dont think.

Quote: Originally posted by gnewark on 15 December 2004

with carselect dont you have to get it with their finance deal? Can you buy it outright?

Gareth

Nope, you can arrange your own loan / lender, and just pay them via credit transfer. So if you wish to pay for it all cash, this is not a problem.

RS Clio 182

Can second that steveV6. I am due to get my 182 on Friday and paid outright, without a Lloyds TSB account which I think it says you need on their website. Service so far has been really good. Pity about the 8 week wait though!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Extreme Kennedy on 15 December 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Can second that steveV6. I am due to get my 182 on Friday and paid outright, without a Lloyds TSB account which I think it says you need on their website. Service so far has been really good. Pity about the 8 week wait though!

cool, 8 week wait is nothing mate, think yourself lucky!!!!!
I got mine form lloyds too and they are fantastic

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 15 December 2004
Id look at an import personally and get coilovers and an better quality aftermaket alarms.Have a check round there should be loads of deals at the moment sine they dont sell many cars I dont think.

I wouldnt

Dont know if this helps but i work for Renault in Ipswich(Bristos) and im sure i can beat 13+ for a new uk 182 in met with both pack. If you want me to quote you give me(Rob) a bell on Monday (off this week).

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 December 2004

Id look at an import personally and get coilovers and an better quality aftermaket alarms.
I wouldnt
Any reason why not? I take it your on about buying imports?

Quote: Originally posted by The Don on 15 December 2004
hello, i need the help of you experts. i recently went into renault place at cambridge and was quoted 13+ for a 182 with both packs in met black, and that was with a £1000 discount (as they are trying to sell their remaining stock). thing is, i know there are cheaper deals out there. i did a search as i seem to remember a thread called "how much did you pay for your 182" but i couldnt find that. i have been in contact with barkers of preston but they arent a renault dealer. any ones help would be highly appreciated.

Why does it have to be a Renault dealer?
I think youll find the best deals arent from Renault.
That carselect price looks v good, but, it depends on when you want one, now, or 8-12 weeks.

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 16 December 2004

That carselect price looks v good, but, it depends on when you want one, now, or 8-12 weeks.

Not sure if in the above statment your saying that the car select option is or isnt from a Renault dealer, but just for the record, if you buy through carselect, your car WILL be supplied from a Renault dealer.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 16 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 December 2004

I wouldnt
yes, there is a reason why not.

From carselct you can get a UK car for £11900, for an import you will pay £11699 + OTR pricing, + alarm + security etching + having the car worth less at time of sale + not having the anthracite wheels + having to apply for the extra warranty + having to upgrade the suspension.

Im just not sure what the benefit of an import car is, correct me if I am wrong? Its going to cost you more to buy one in the first place so just cant see it???????

If we had had this conversation 3 years ago I would have been all for the import but times have changed!

Makro (Virgin) have a very good offer on 182, about £11600 I believe. Having bought an imported car recently I would not entirely recommend it, firstly there is a question over the warranty and when you come to sell it or trade it in you lose anything you gained. I also found that the maid dealers attitude over servicing etc was never that warm. The car in question was a 206 GTI.

Lloyds are 11182 now OTR for a cup! anyone reckon that can be bettered? did I read somewhere about recaro seats being added as an option? Anyone got a cup? is the build quality ok or worse than a normal 182?!

Ta! Si.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 December 2004

From carselct you can get a UK car for £11900, for an import you will pay £11699 + OTR pricing, + alarm + security etching + having the car worth less at time of sale + not having the anthracite wheels + having to apply for the extra warranty + having to upgrade the suspension.
Each to there own least I can see where your comming from.

Only thing is that Id definatly get coilovers for my next car anyway and the fact its worth less wouldnt be a huge concern since its not going to be more than I saved (probably). Applying for the extra warently isnt a huge issue, plus if I can get a better alarm fitted for the same price Renault chage Id be happer with a none Renault alarm.

Bit if the difference in achual cash price for an import Vs UK car is ~£200 it seems a waste getting an import. I;d go for an import if the saving was more.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 December 2004

Each to there own least I can see where your comming from.

Only thing is that Id definatly get coilovers for my next car anyway and the fact its worth less wouldnt be a huge concern since its not going to be more than I saved (probably). Applying for the extra warently isnt a huge issue, plus if I can get a better alarm fitted for the same price Renault chage Id be happer with a none Renault alarm.

Bit if the difference in achual cash price for an import Vs UK car is ~£200 it seems a waste getting an import. I;d go for an import if the saving was more.
I also see where you are coming from Edde but the price isnt any different when you add the OTR costs of the import like £165 road tax, preparation fee etc brings it up to the 11900 for the uk car, but then you havent got an alarm so that will be extra cost so in this case the uk car is actually cheaper when you look at OTR. Plus, I would prefer to pick my own spec such as colour, cup packs etc that cant be changed.

Imports were definitely a way to save big money 3-5 years ago but now the difference is nothing if you know where to look.

Quote: Originally posted by unthank on 16 December 2004
Makro (Virgin) have a very good offer on 182, about £11600 I believe. Having bought an imported car recently I would not entirely recommend it, firstly there is a question over the warranty and when you come to sell it or trade it in you lose anything you gained.  I also found that the maid dealers attitude over servicing etc  was never that  warm. The car in question was a 206 GTI. 

the quote " question over the warrenty!" absolute rubbish, as long as its an EU country supplied car, theres no problem whatsoever!, if you are talking about a peugeot 206 i.e non renault, how can you comment on the service and attitude of reno dealers with no experience, STOP SCAREMONGERING!

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 16 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 16 December 2004
That carselect price looks v good, but, it depends on when you want one, now, or 8-12 weeks.Not sure if in the above statment your saying that the car select option is or isnt from a Renault dealer, but just for the record, if you buy through carselect, your car WILL be supplied from a Renault dealer.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
All i was trying to say was that the guy said Barkers arent a reno dealers, and to him it seemed to matter.
As for the carselect price, as i said it is v good, but youll have the usual wait.