ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best place to buy a .co.uk domain name?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
with basic web building facilities, rather do it from a place that someones had some experience with rather than just one off google haha

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
when you say with web building facilities guessing you want some hosting and domain name rather than just buying the domain on it's own?

Buy the domain itself with whoever is cheapest imho, then pick some hosting going on someone's recommendation.

Most hosting companies will also register the names so can potentially save some hassle which if the difference in cost isn't too much you might want to do for convenience.

Last edited:
I normally use www.godaddy.com to register my domains, also do a google search for promo codes and don't give up til you find one :p Can usually save you a few quid.

And I've used http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ before and they were really good for hosting, don't use them anymore though as I expanded to my own server

123-reg are by far the best and easiest to use, Over the years I've managed several domains all with different people and they have all been transfered to 123-reg in the end.

I have a VPS with pingvps. I got it when they were £2 odd when they first started although they have raised their prices now.

I host all my html files there and host all my image content on Amazon S3.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hate 123reg, wouldn't use them again myself.

Registered a domain with them, received all the confirmation emails etc, payment taken.

6 months later I get some hosting elsewhere and go to transfer the domain to start using it only to find they hadn't actually registered it to me.

Luckily it was still available, they refunded me and I registered it through my hosting, relichost.net.

Relichost were recommended to me on here and have been great, cheap and have been pretty good service wise.

I've used 123-reg for 15+ domains.

By far the best. Easy to use, and easy to make changes when required (namesevers, forwarding etc)

LY 182
I use Godaddy. And I've purchased thousands of domains.

- Domains from Godaddy
- Cheap shared hosting I use Hostgator (Like $10/mo)
- VPS or Dedicated server I've used several companies such as Burst.net, Softlayer, Turnkey, to name a few.

LY 182
I should clarify there's a reason I've used Godaddy so extensively and that's because the value on a certain domain extension I use a lot with them! If it's a .co.uk then 123Reg would be fine if other's such as CJ give it the thumbs up. It looks a bit cheaper than Godaddy too for that particular extension anyway.

350Z GT
I use LCN for the domains whenever I purchase them and shop around for hosting depending on needs, EUKHost are always fast but more expensive, best just to hunt around within budget.

306 TD Slut
I've used 123 reg for some time, their CP UI is a bit gash and clunky but cant fault them otherwise.

Stay the f**k away from 1and1. Absolutely awful customer service. Call centers in India make the language barrier impossible. IMO

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've used 123 reg for some time, their CP UI is a bit gash and clunky but cant fault them otherwise.

Stay the f**k away from 1and1. Absolutely awful customer service. Call centers in India make the language barrier impossible. IMO

I have always used 1and1 - been excellent!! hmmm!!!