ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to source Trophy Speedline Turinis?

RB 182 with CUP packs
Have found them on K-Tec Racings website & they say they can supply them in the correct ET45 offset.

Anyone know anywhere else that can source them cheaper?

VRS
direct from reno i think they are about 500 quid for four rims and four centre caps if that helps matey

how much do k-tec want?

Turbos.
You don't want Trophy rims really, Cup rims have a better ET (come out further). You're best off going for second hand Cup wheels and refurbing them.

Otherwise, go to Speedline direct and see if they do anthracite ones. Speedline are cheapest for brand new wheels anyway.

RB 182 with CUP packs
direct from reno i think they are about 500 quid for four rims and four centre caps if that helps matey

how much do k-tec want?

Top man for the quick reply ;)

K-Tec want £148 per rim including VAT.
Not sure if they come with centre caps though tbh?

RB 182 with CUP packs
You don't want Trophy rims really, Cup rims have a better ET (come out further). You're best off going for second hand Cup wheels and refurbing them.

Otherwise, go to Speedline direct and see if they do anthracite ones. Speedline are cheapest for brand new wheels anyway.

Hmmm....now I'm well confuzzled :S

The car I'm getting is a 182 with CUP suspension & Spoiler packs.

What will the correct offset for this be?

Turbos.
I'm pretty sure that the 182s have different hubs, so the wheels have a higher offset to compensate. The 172 Cup wheels (Turinis but this time in silver) have an ET38.5, so they will give you a wider track.

Purely from an aesthetic point of view it'll be better, but you could argue it would mean better handling,at least more grip too...

Oh, and no way can you get a new set for £500 i'm afraid!

VRS
I'm pretty sure that the 182s have different hubs, so the wheels have a higher offset to compensate. The 172 Cup wheels (Turinis but this time in silver) have an ET38.5, so they will give you a wider track.

Purely from an aesthetic point of view it'll be better, but you could argue it would mean better handling,at least more grip too...

maz got hers from reno for 500 including caps as did a few others of cs and renaultsport forum :D

VRS
dunno lol

maz said she just rang around a few and played them off and got that price

i cant remember the usernames of the others who got them for similar prices tho :(

Turbos.
I reckon she talked dirty!

I think i paid about £120 (not sure if including VAT) for a Turini a couple of years ago, and then the centre cap on top of that.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Craig 172 has a set for sale, I'm thinking I'm gona buy them this week,, but still tempted by superleggeras instead. Gonna decide tomorrow.

Maz

LY 200
dunno lol

maz said she just rang around a few and played them off and got that price

i cant remember the usernames of the others who got them for similar prices tho :(

^^ pmsl .. Maz suggested that the people who wanted them did this .. she didn't say that she did it :rasp:

IIRC craigs182 did this as I suggested and got them for even less .. lol

A very nice friend of mine has a friend who works at Reno thats why I got mine at a good price :approve:

RB 182 with CUP packs

So am I right in thinking the correct offset for the 182 is ET45, but if I'm prepared for the rims to stick out from the body ever so slightly I could use CUP wheels with the ET38.5 offset & gain a wider track, more grip etc ?

Turbos.
The original 172 has ET48 (i think!), the 172 Cup has ET38.5 wheels with the aim of improving handling although it also had stronger hubs (maybe what the 182 has...?) and slightly revised suspension.

No, scrubbing won't be a problem.

RB 182 with CUP packs
The original 172 has ET48 (i think!), the 172 Cup has ET38.5 wheels with the aim of improving handling although it also had stronger hubs (maybe what the 182 has...?) and slightly revised suspension.

No, scrubbing won't be a problem.

OK, so the 182 with CUP suspension should have the stronger hubs I take it?

Therefore ET38.5 Turinis would be best?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hhhmmm not sure about that info imo, if it was that simple why didn't renault fit the originat cup et to the trophy.........

they way i understand it is that the 182 cup/packed/trophy hubs are wider than the standard 172 hubs.... 182 cup/packed/trophy with et 45 alloys are the same track as a 172 cup with et 38.5mm alloys?

edde will know