ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best product for black car...

MTM

Car  Volvo V60 R Design
In a couple of weeks I intend to give my fiance's black clio a full detail. The car's metallic black and there are a lot of scratches visable. What is the best product you can recommend which will rejuvinate the paint and help it to look as good as new?

Cheers,

Martin
 
scratch x is its really bad but you should use a machine polisher for that. you could get away with autoglym super resin polish. then use a sealant or a wax on top of it!
 
HI I USE MEGUIARS SCRATCH X ITS HARD WORD BUT WORTH IT THEN USE MEGUIARS NO 2 POLISH BEFORE APPLYING A FINAL COAT OF MEGUIARS CARNARBA WAX AWESOME PRODUCT QUITE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT WATCH THE RAIN JUST BOUNCE OFF. WWW.MEGUIARS .CO.UK
 
Thanks for the replies so far. I'd love a hand polisher but am I not right in saying that if used incorrectly you can severely damage the paint? On the detailing threads the results with polishers are always fantastic but it's the potential damage I could do to the paint work that puts me off.

I have the Auto Glym Super Resin Polish already so good to know that might work.

Any other recommendations welcome.
 
Working by hand you will have your work cut out - I would look into finding someone to machine polish it for you, then follow that up with some easier to use products.
 
Back
Top