ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Quickshift kit for 172/172 CUP

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Geoff dont worry mate, just phoned K-Tec £139 + vat and it sound simple to fit, the engineer was very helpfull. Gonna have to grab wayne at the meal so I can compare the shift types of the standard 172 to see if its worth it.

Cheers

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Errr I thought you might comment on that ! :eek:

I am going to have a go if I do get one to fit it myself. Sounds so easy but then again it is a renault and this will turn out to be a nightmare buy Hoo Hum.

does anyone who is going to brands hatch have quick shift as it would be the onething that I might be interested in...

y0z

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

y0z2a - Slugger (Wayne) has one on his cup as does Roamer and they are both going.

Cupsize? - Remove the gear knob by pulling it off (Oh Err), Under the car remove the plate that is below the gear link assembly (4 Torx screws) Then remove 1 bolt (Think he said 13mm) from the gear asemble. Then undo a big circlip (2" in size). Replace with new linkage and reverse instructions. This is a rough guide what the mechanic told me you also get destructions (Instructions for the benefit of Tom ;)) with the kit to do it yourself anyway. I love getting a hands on approach so I can help people out next time so I will be doing it myself if I buy one.

Tom

EV

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 14 November 2002

y0z2a - Slugger (Wayne) has one on his cup as does Roamer and they are both going.

Cupsize? - Remove the gear knob by pulling it off (Oh Err), Under the car remove the plate that is below the gear link assembly (4 Torx screws) Then remove 1 bolt (Think he said 13mm) from the gear asemble. Then undo a big circlip (2" in size). Replace with new linkage and reverse instructions. This is a rough guide what the mechanic told me you also get destructions with the kit to do it yourself anyway. I love getting a hands on approach so I can help people out next time so I will be doing it myself if I buy one.

You may do but you normaly get instructions lol chavy

(Sh** unhelpful post im turning into you know who!!! Sorry Chavy and ther rest of you- im off for a lie down and a long think about what i have done)

Tom

EV

i had one on my old rover 200 its fiddily but kinda easy to fit

really makes a diffrence too (probably stronger than renault std one too)

The quickShift that K-Tec supplies is a B&M one, David thought it was going to be harder to fit than it was, cos on the mk1 172 youve got to remove a section of the exhaust, but the mk2 is easy (as CB said)

I think it makes a hell of a difference to it, dead precise and solid changes now :)