ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Quickshift kit for 172/172 CUP

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Geoff dont worry mate, just phoned K-Tec £139 + vat and it sound simple to fit, the engineer was very helpfull. Gonna have to grab wayne at the meal so I can compare the shift types of the standard 172 to see if its worth it.

Cheers

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Errr I thought you might comment on that ! :eek:

I am going to have a go if I do get one to fit it myself. Sounds so easy but then again it is a renault and this will turn out to be a nightmare buy Hoo Hum.

does anyone who is going to brands hatch have quick shift as it would be the onething that I might be interested in...

y0z

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

y0z2a - Slugger (Wayne) has one on his cup as does Roamer and they are both going.

Cupsize? - Remove the gear knob by pulling it off (Oh Err), Under the car remove the plate that is below the gear link assembly (4 Torx screws) Then remove 1 bolt (Think he said 13mm) from the gear asemble. Then undo a big circlip (2" in size). Replace with new linkage and reverse instructions. This is a rough guide what the mechanic told me you also get destructions (Instructions for the benefit of Tom ;)) with the kit to do it yourself anyway. I love getting a hands on approach so I can help people out next time so I will be doing it myself if I buy one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 14 November 2002

y0z2a - Slugger (Wayne) has one on his cup as does Roamer and they are both going.

Cupsize? - Remove the gear knob by pulling it off (Oh Err), Under the car remove the plate that is below the gear link assembly (4 Torx screws) Then remove 1 bolt (Think he said 13mm) from the gear asemble. Then undo a big circlip (2" in size). Replace with new linkage and reverse instructions. This is a rough guide what the mechanic told me you also get destructions with the kit to do it yourself anyway. I love getting a hands on approach so I can help people out next time so I will be doing it myself if I buy one.

You may do but you normaly get instructions lol chavy

(Sh** unhelpful post im turning into you know who!!! Sorry Chavy and ther rest of you- im off for a lie down and a long think about what i have done)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i know sorry

i think ive been taken over by the ghost of C****** ******

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i had one on my old rover 200 its fiddily but kinda easy to fit

really makes a diffrence too (probably stronger than renault std one too)

The quickShift that K-Tec supplies is a B&M one, David thought it was going to be harder to fit than it was, cos on the mk1 172 youve got to remove a section of the exhaust, but the mk2 is easy (as CB said)

I think it makes a hell of a difference to it, dead precise and solid changes now :)