ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Racing Sim of all time?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
PGR3 was wack, PGR4 on the other hand. Brilliant, the sound used to make the hairs on my neck stand up, gunning it across the bridges in NY in a Ferrari F50GT.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
PGR3 was wack, PGR4 on the other hand. Brilliant, the sound used to make the hairs on my neck stand up, gunning it across the bridges in NY in a Ferrari F50GT.
That was 1 long straight!

Wheelspin in every gear with the apollo in the wet!

Clio 182FF
Even though it's not a sim...

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGEEEE RACER!!!!

GREAT START! NOW GO FOR THE LEAD!!!

Has to be Ridge Racer Revolution!

Nippy white cup
I can't speak for the PC ones (although Live for speed was amazing imo) but Forza 2 is superb and probably the best at the moment. I used to love PGR3 then got forza 2 then bought PGR4 and traded it almost straight away. Very good graphics and amazing sounds but when you can brake midbend at 140 and still make it round it destroyed it for me. Bits on FM2 like when you are braking slightly as you turn into a bend and can 'feel' the back end coming round makes it for me...bring on FM3!

Chris

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Forza doesnt rate that highly for me.

setting up a car is painfully slow.
it looks good. but isnt a true sim in my opinion

BMW 328 Ci
Nascar Racing 2003, the last Papyrus sim masterpiece before EA raped another sport.

Still the best netcode of any game I have played too, 43 cars bumper to bumper in an american server with barely any lag.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Those two lines seem to contradict :S If it was quick/easy surely that would point towards more of an arcade game?

what i mean is when i want to change a setting such as the ride hight. i have to wait till the setup loads do the change and then wait for 30 secs for it all to reload.

most other games are a lot faster!

Nippy white cup
Have you tried it on testdrive m8? Pause the game, tune then change then unpause...10secs all in and you can try it out on the track straight away

Chris

Facelift R53 Cooper S
GT4 was pretty realistic to me...........

Forza feels arcadey..... and Grid! wow!, that game is shocking, taking a hairpin at about 110 MPH and coming out the other side FTL!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
GT4 was pretty realistic to me...........

Forza feels arcadey..... and Grid! wow!, that game is shocking, taking a hairpin at about 110 MPH and coming out the other side FTL!

That put me off GRID completely. The first race I had on the demo, I won by a country mile. Like you say, the physics were out of the window and the cars behaved just so unnaturally.

The drifting bit was quite good, imo.

D.

197 F1 R27
Stunt Car Racer was awesome back in the day. What about Daytona? That game must have made Sega millions and millions.

Today nothing touches Forza 2, especially when you're armed with the wheel and racing online at 3am.

I've just had a look at some new Forza 3 videos on gametrailers and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Roll on October, the best racing sim is nearly here...

Last edited:
  DCi
GTR2
GPL
GP4 (in that order)

racing GPL online was the most fun though, I remember coming out of the last corner of zandvoort wheel to wheel allllll the way down the last straight to win a race by less than a whisker!

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
used to love playing TOCA 2.

The only race sims are GTR, GTR2, GTR Evo and LFS

All the others are just games