ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best : Raspy BUT not boomy backbox?

Leon Cupra R 225
Right, Im going to be getting a BMC CDA induction kit soon for my car to beef up the noise levels from standard.

My problem is I want to get a new backbox (full system too expensive at the mo) aswell, but don't want it to be too loud so it drowns out my IK. I don't want boomy noise etc, just raspy when you put your foot down and noticeable. But fairly quiet when just driving normally. It also has to be stainless steel.

What backbox do I go for?

:coffee:

BG 182
Ive gt a powerflow backbox fitted and its not bad, you can have low medium and loud backboxes and theres loads of tails to choose from. mine cost 120 with a bit of haggling from 130 lol. :)

Leon Cupra R 225
freeserver said:
Ive gt a powerflow backbox fitted and its not bad, you can have low medium and loud backboxes and theres loads of tails to choose from. mine cost 120 with a bit of haggling from 130 lol. :)

I was thinking of a powerflow box, my mate has a full system but cost him loads, but it sounds just raspy enough but not boomy tbh. :)

Fiesta ST
What about a Magnex Backbox? They usually have an alright sound, but before I bought my system I had a Peco Backbox (just for some sound) and my mate has it now. It sounds ok, not too loud at all. But sound is very subjective!

I think Magnex would be a safe bet if they do a one for your car. :)

Leon Cupra R 225
Jim_RT said:
What about a Magnex Backbox? They usually have an alright sound, but before I bought my system I had a Peco Backbox (just for some sound) and my mate has it now. It sounds ok, not too loud at all. But sound is very subjective!

I think Magnex would be a safe bet if they do a one for your car. :)

I've just taken a magnex off my clio before I sold it. It was sooo loud but boomy :(

Magnex can be boomy, Powerflow all the way, 2 live's got a nice one on his, not too loud until you start kicking the s**t out of it and it's raspy as hell. I had a powerflow too on my Williams, it was just LOUD, but rasped like no ones business as well.

17poo has a powerflow on it too, but no rasp... I think it's because it's bodied though, so gives a different noise entirely.