ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best setup from what i have

FF 182 Sport
ok, i have standard 172 cabasse setup speakers - front and rear, some cheapo vibe 6x9s in my shelf, 2 sets of fli 13cm components 225w, a fusion 800w 4 channel amp, a vibe blackair 12" amped single sub, a twin 2000w 12" fli amped sub box and some rockford fosgate woffers 13cm from a component set....

currently imn on std front speakers and 6x9s in my shelf running off alpine 60wx4 headunit

my question is - given the options whats the best setup in a clio

my thoughts components running off ampf+r - maybe the 12" vibe in the boot too - but are components good enough to listen to on there own or are 6x9s better

im confused

monaco 172
Front components running off an amp and a sub in the boot bridged off the rear channels or off its own mono amp.

Rear speakers mess with the sound stage, and 6x9's are pointless if youve got a sub anyway

FF 182 Sport
now thinking maybe 4 tweeters off the headunit outputs, front and rear components off the 800w amp and then the twin 12" in the boot lol

Chhhhhhhaaaaaav tastic!

FF 182 Sport
Front components running off an amp and a sub in the boot bridged off the rear channels or off its own mono amp.

Rear speakers mess with the sound stage, and 6x9's are pointless if youve got a sub anyway

yeah thought that to be honest

both my subs have inbuilt amps so not really an issue -

can i loop power from one amp to the other? got a decent guage wire...

FF 182 Sport
also can components be hidden where current ones are in the dash or is that too fiddly for wiring etc?

monaco 172
Stop over complicating things, the simplest setups often sound better.

Don't mix subs itl sound crap.

Yes you can use the same power cable however it needs splitting with a distribution block, however the main cable needs to be thick enough to cope with the load from both amps.

Head over to talk audio they'll give you some advice, but will more than likley say what I've already said.

FF 182 Sport
Wasn't gonna mix subs lol, just nice to get rid of shelf speakers, might look into tweeters off the STD hu gonna try just comps off the amp first...

Mk2 Ph2
you tried the fli components yet? if so any good? got mine lying around might fit tomorrow :)