ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9s. What do I need to make them go?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Got a couple of these sat in the parcel shelf, doing nothing essentially.

Photo%2030-12-2014%204%2035%2034%20pm.png

I've got an underseat subwoofer and the wiring associated with making that go all runs through the boot so I've got my earth, perma and switched lives, and a signal from the head unit (I shouldn't have any problems Y-ing off of this sub feed should I?

I'd like an amp to make the 6x9s do something, hopefully one which isn't particularly big as I like my boot space (Mounted on the parcel shelf between the speakers on the underside?). Has anyone got any recommendations that suit these speakers?

Cheers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd personally just run them off the head unit for a bit of rear fill. Let the fronts do all the work, will sound much better.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a bit of buzzing from the rear left speaker so would it be a good idea to use these instead?

I'm concerned about them pulling too much out of the stereo - the speakers have minimum 70W on them and my stereo only puts out 50W max per channel?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
f**k them off, get a new parcel shelf.

Then get decent replacement speakers for the front and rear, but a small four channel amp to power them and leave the underwear sub as it is if it's active.