ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best shampoo ever!!!

Hi guys. Ive recently bought some Zymol auto wash, and it is fantastic.
Cost £6 from halfords for a bottle that will do at least 10 washes.
It cleans effortlessly, and smells like cocnut, bananas and chocolate- which is nice. I used to use meg gold class but this stuff is in a different league. After washing my car it looks like its been waxed, even though this stuff has no wax in it.

Anyone else used this before?

106 GTi
Used it a few times, it is actually made by Turle Wax! Better than the Megs NXT, but on par with Gold Glass IMO. Lots of suds but does not leave a nice a finish as some shampoos out there. Not used mine for a while as there are other products thast work better still for me.

Used it a few times, it is actually made by Turle Wax! Better than the Megs NXT, but on par with Gold Glass IMO. Lots of suds but does not leave a nice a finish as some shampoos out there. Not used mine for a while as there are other products thast work better still for me.

Which products do you use- for cleaning, polishing and waxing?

Trouble is theirs so many out there that i dont know which ones are the best. When i wax the car with megs tech wax, it still doesnt give a really amazing shine. I dont know if its becuase my cars got this flip paint.

DSC00268.gif

What advice can people give on how to make it shine better. It does shine but isnt mindblowing like Rich's black clio.

Mito Sportiva 135

Trouble is theirs so many out there that i dont know which ones are the best. When i wax the car with megs tech wax, it still doesnt give a really amazing shine. I dont know if its becuase my cars got this flip paint.

DSC00268.gif

What advice can people give on how to make it shine better. It does shine but isnt mindblowing like Rich's black clio.

I think a car with a spoiler like that "shines" enough already dude! :rasp:

Exige S1 + Honda S1
a car with a spoiler like that "shines" enough already dude! :rasp:

..dudette haha

black cars will always seem shinier when clean,its the way they show up reflections.

It also depends how well your car was sprayed lusty, i might not have as mnay coats of laquer.

106 GTi

As others have said it black paint will allow a real depth to be obtained that other lighter colours wont. What you lack indepth should be able to be made up in reflectivity. What is the paint finsih on the car like. sounds like it had a fair bit of clear applied to it? Is the paintwork smooth or orange peeled?

The polishing and glazing stages are the main bits of the detail that create the overall look to the paint, waxes just add icing to the cake.

Products I use on my own car:

Winter Process

Paint Clean - Klasse All in One
Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett
Wax - Meguiars 16 x 2 and Zymol Carbon x 2

IMG_4931.jpg

Summer Process

Glaze - Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze and Red Machine Glaze
Seal - Wolfgang or Blackfire Sealant
Wax - Poorboys Nattys Blue and Pinnacle Souveran

IMG_3675.jpg

Or Chemical Guys 50/50.

IMG_4918.jpg

Or P21s

IMG_6306.jpg

Other products use all year round as needed.

Polishes - Menzerna IP and Final Finish, Poorboys SSR 2.5 - 1, Meguiars 80. (Mainly by machine)
Textured Trim - Autoglym Bumper Care
Smooth Trim - Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Door Seals - BMW Gummifledge
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright
Wash - 1Z Perls and Exclusive Mix, Sonax Gloss Shampoo or Chemical Guys Wash and Wax with Lambswool mitt.
Wheels - Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss, topped with Poorboys Wheel Sealnt.
Wheel arches and under bonnet plastics - Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and 1Z Vinyl and Rubber

IMG_4922.jpg

Glass - Autoglym Glass Polish and any old Glass Cleaner spray
Quick Detail Sprays - Clearkote Quickshine, Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Chemical Guys Symthetic Quick Detailer
Metalwork - Autoglym Metal Polish
Interior Plastics - Poorboys Naturual Look and Meguiars Interior Quick detailer
Leather - 1Z Leathercare and Zaino Z10

Exige S1 + Honda S1
lol you into detailing then Rich? very impressed, but also worried for you at the same time :D

Rich- The paint is very smooth after normal washes and after waxing is ultra smooth (i can hardly grip the door handle to get in becuase my hand often slips off the handle) lol.
How often will i need the paint cleaner?

The respray was done in July, and was given about 4 coates of the flip paint.

What can i use to strip the old wax off before i re wax it once every 3 weeks? Ive heard fairy liquid is good, but im worried about the detergents in it taking off the clear coat?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Rich - is it a good idea to put the tyre stuff onto the actual tread? Does it not reduce the grip of the tyre?? (i have no idea btw. :))

106 GTi
Rich- The paint is very smooth after normal washes and after waxing is ultra smooth (i can hardly grip the door handle to get in becuase my hand often slips off the handle) lol.
How often will i need the paint cleaner?

The respray was done in July, and was given about 4 coates of the flip paint.

What can i use to strip the old wax off before i re wax it once every 3 weeks? Ive heard fairy liquid is good, but im worried about the detergents in it taking off the clear coat?

I use a mild polish/paint cleaner 3 or 4 times a year but you can use it as often as you like to be honest.

Why do you want to strip the wax? Just add layers on top of the existing.

Sod the fairy, just use AG SRP or Klasse AIO to remove old layers.

106 GTi
Rich - is it a good idea to put the tyre stuff onto the actual tread? Does it not reduce the grip of the tyre?? (i have no idea btw. :))

I dress the whole tyre including tread at shows just the side wall for day to day use) before leaving the show I wipe the actual contact part of the tyre clean with a towel to be safe, but I have also just driven of with the tyre still dressed and it all wears off in about 30 seconds.

In those pictures that is just where the tyre swipe has brushed against the tread. As soon as you drive the car that wears off.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I dress the whole tyre including tread at shows just the side wall for day to day use) before leaving the show I wipe the actual contact part of the tyre clean with a towel to be safe, but I have also just driven of with the tyre still dressed and it all wears off in about 30 seconds.

In those pictures that is just where the tyre swipe has brushed against the tread. As soon as you drive the car that wears off.

ah coolio, i thought it would rub off quickly whilst driving. ta

106 GTi
Not worth putting it on the thread full stop Summer or Winter! lol

Looks good at shows though. :approve:

He is an absolute genius when it comes to detailing.

His clio must be the shiniest black car in the world. You couldnt get a better shine than what he has got.

It must have taken a lot of time money and dedication to get his car looking like that. It must now be worth about 2 grand more than another 182 with similar spec but not as clean.

rich if you didnt live so far away from me id pay to work your majic on lusty clio for me.:D (dont mean to suck di*k with this post)

MK2 Clio V6 255
He is an absolute genius when it comes to detailing.

His clio must be the shiniest black car in the world. You couldnt get a better shine than what he has got.

It must have taken a lot of time money and dedication to get his car looking like that. It must now be worth about 2 grand more than another 182 with similar spec but not as clean.

rich if you didnt live so far away from me id pay to work your majic on lusty clio for me.:D (dont mean to suck di*k with this post)

You might just get his services for mentioning something like that.

Ha only kidding Rich:rasp:

106 GTi
Cheeky boys!

If you ever get bored of cleaning your car Rich maybe you could give mine the once over!!! ;)

Dennis I though Brazobutter was you biatch ;)

I will never get bored - though a woman here at work thinks she can hypnotise me to give up being the way I am about my car cleaning!

MK2 Clio V6 255
Cheeky boys!

If you ever get bored of cleaning your car Rich maybe you could give mine the once over!!! ;)

Dennis I though Brazobutter was you biatch ;)

I will never get bored - though a woman here at work thinks she can hypnotise me to give up being the way I am about my car cleaning!

Ahh he gave me some of his vast knowledge into using a PC but im still shite with it,

Need an expert to give it the once over ;) ;) ;)

106 GTi
Dennis stop being so lazy, eat some chips instead of salad and you will be able to clean better - look at Brazo he detests salad and cleans for Engalnd!

MK2 Clio V6 255
That must be what it is I need some chip fat in my veins and not vinagerette!!

It needs some serious swirl/ scratch removal and Im not that skilled........Chips or no chips:(

Rav4
Fancy doing a guide from head to toe, into cleaning your car and what products to apply when?

That would be real good for idiots like me !!

Mito Sportiva 135
Fancy doing a guide from head to toe, into cleaning your car and what products to apply when?

That would be real good for idiots like me !!

Think Rich has made one, oterwise I read a great one the other day which was really extensive and included a lot of details many people would neglect. Could have been on Polished Bliss, I'm at work at the moment so can't really check but I'm sure someone will confirm for you.

Mito Sportiva 135
IS this Blue Peter all of a sudden?! A good shampoo combo I used this weekend was CG wash n wax with Saab wax shampoo, think it might be Sonax shampoo in a different bottle. Came up super sleek.