ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best SIM only deals now?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What do people recommend?

I'm thinking GiffGaff 2gb tariff as they're supposed to be really good, but no bundles when you go abroad?

So then thinking a 12m 3 SIM only as they let you use your phone abroad for free?

Guess coverage is similar?

Ta

Coverage will be slightly worse with 3 but only if you're out in the sticks. I'm with them and rarely have no signal. Worked out best for me.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I found GiffGaff's coverage to be quite poor as it uses O2 aerials. I've just changed back to EE. Costs more but I get more data and the coverage around here is much, much better.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm in Stockport but my sainsburys/Vodafone phone is shite anywhere away from the cities and towns. At my mums In Ormskirk it's nigh on zero.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
3's reception is just as good if not better than the other providers (maybe excluding EE). But EE's customer service is a joke and I prefer not to have to make a complaint everytime I want something done.

Currently on 3 SIM only for 12 months, £17 a month for unlimited 4G data, texts and 200 minutes. Includes the roaming thing they've got and whilst I don't go abroad that often- it's a nice gesture that a phone provider is doing the free roaming thing without being told to by Ofcom so I felt like supporting that too.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah think I'm swaying towards 3.

I agree ee were good, but they're absolutely gash for after sales.

Just like the bt I've just ordered for home! Can't be arsed canceling though.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah think I'm swaying towards 3.

I agree ee were good, but they're absolutely gash for after sales.

Just like the bt I've just ordered for home! Can't be arsed canceling though.

Get a Three pay as you go sim (99p at the supermarket etc) and check your signal out in places you visit regularly. Saves starting a contract and potentially cancelling during the cooling off period.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
EE for me where I live.

4GB Data, unlimited minutes and texts for £17.99 and a 2GB Data, unlimited minutes and texts for £13.99.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm on three and get 200 mins and unlimited data and texts for £15.

Signal wise it's the same as anyone else I find. Except at my house where I get very poor signal, even though it's in a town. Doesn't end up bothering me as I can do calls and texts through wifi with a three app but it might be worth checking.
Customer service is fantastic from my experiences.

Plus the roaming abroad is only in certain countries at the moment.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just got a 3 sim on 12 month contract. 200 mins unlimited texts and 2gb but more importantly free use abroad (although Belgium and Germany aren't included! Which is why i wanted it really for the ring trips but they might be added later). Loads of countries are free tho.

11 quid a month.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't even think of 02 or Vodafone as contenders anymore. Shite 3G/4G coverage compared to EE/Three.

I don't get the fact people moan about after sales, when do you ever need to phone them up? Think I've had to phone once about a problem since I've had a mobile.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just a nice touch though isn't it. I'm seriously considering cancelling my bt infinity and TV before theyve even installed it, cos they're so feckin useless and disjointed.
It just gives you a lot more confidence in the product

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Im currently monthly with 200 minutes unlimited texts and unlimited data . 20 quid :)