ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High performance pads that still cope on the road.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've ran a lot of the other PF pads already but don't expect a huge amount from the Z Rated seeing as they are a road pad really

Yea, I'll have to look up what compound I used, called them up to ask and just went with their recommendation got a feeling they were 97's but can't recall. Petty sure it still has Z's in the rear though which they described as being a good road pad. The fronts were kinder to the disks than I was expecting.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
The Cayman R doesn't exactly look under braked as standard so I bet it stops really well with the Padgids! What do you use on track, the Clio or the Cayman?
Actually the OEM brakes on the Cayman are probabaly it’s weakest link.
I run larger 345/335mm 2 piece discs from Girodisc, titanium shims, braided hoses, GT3 master cylinder and GT3 blade ducts.
To go much more on brakes now it’s a step up to an AP kit.
Both cars have been used on track.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yea, I'll have to look up what compound I used, called them up to ask and just went with their recommendation got a feeling they were 97's but can't recall. Petty sure it still has Z's in the rear though which they described as being a good road pad. The fronts were kinder to the disks than I was expecting.
Got a brand new boxed set of 97s in the for sale section if you’re interested.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
thought it was a bit odd haha. I think I'm sorted on the Clio thank you - I'm through with spending money on it for a while and have just received a front set of 1155's and a rear set of generic brembo pads - will see how I get on. If the combo is awful I might come a knocking.

The message above regarding PFC pads with Z rears is on the E46 which is why I got all excited and thought you were selling some non Clio pads lol.