ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Snow Foam Cleaner?

Having trawled through various threads and seen not a lot of info, whats a very good/best shampoo to use? Looking to order a snow foam lance from I4D and they have a couple of choices on offer with the lance (I4D Snow Foam 5L and Britemax Clean Max), worth going with these or something better elsewhere? Cheers

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I use valetpro ph neutral snow foam. works pretty good for me.

Not a 320d
What you need to remember with snowfoam is, snowfoam wont remove all the dirt so youll have to wash anyway. Bit of a gimmick IMHFO. If the vehicle is well protected a quick pre blast with the pressure washer will do the same job.

It is good for removing polishing dust after a machine polishing session.

I prefer citrus snowfoam because it doesnt strip wax and can be diluted better, and is stronger when diluted to the same ratio as normal stuff.

GTD, Lupo
As Toby said its a bit of a gimmick, I got myself an i4d lance and a 5ltr valet pro ph neutral which smells amazing btw. You still have to do a wash after using it as it won't remove all the dirt.

Cheers for the heads up, I know i'm not expecting wonders with the snowfoam but my current pressure washers is a POS and might as well get the snow foam lance and shampoo to go with it. Like others have said if moves most of it then it makes things easier to clean with bucket and mitt.

Not a 320d
POS? As in Piece of s**t. Seriously my Karcher is only 110bar or something so not v powerful and that gets the thick off. 2 Bucket method gets most of the dirt off my sponge before dipping it back into the shampoo bucket.

Id sooner invest in G101 & a lance instead of snowfoam too. I honestly think snowfoam doesnt do the slightest bit of good when ensuring the longevity of a wax or sealant finish. G101 isnt exactly "safe" but it is a great cleaner and means youve got something for door shuts or window rubbers.

Some people rate it, I definately dont. the only time I ever use a lance is when I detail someone elses car, use it to rinse polishing dust off my car ocne or twice a year and to clean my conservatory or caravan. Snowfoam is great on UPVC.

I use megs hyper wash. Good thick foam, doesn't strip wax, and you only need 2 pumps of
Product, so should last ages.

Or citrus snow foam.

One according to John@PB's calcs.

Snow foams vary in the amount of time they cling. That's all. Talking about ph neutral ones of course.

I use two. Meg's hyper wash for standard washes. G101 @ 1/10 ratio as a pre cleaner that strips wax for reapplication. I don't see any need for anything more.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
One according to John@PB's calcs.

Snow foams vary in the amount of time they cling. That's all. Talking about ph neutral ones of course.

I use two. Meg's hyper wash for standard washes. G101 @ 1/10 ratio as a pre cleaner that strips wax for reapplication. I don't see any need for anything more.

Yep. TBH I should have just copied and pasted the link from PB.

STEALTH RAIDER
Valet Pro Orange (Pre Wash) has never failed for me. Very good stuff and it cleans stupidly well without the need of getting your mitt out (within reason).

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Also just bought the new enduro foam from AS, expensive but clings for 30 mins.
Used and rinsed, was still on the driveway 48 hours after - seriously thick.