ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best solution for 360/pc

right i was just thinking about getting a 360 when i thought what tv shall i go for with it and thinking hard i thought what actually would do me better a big monitor or a smaller lcd tv

something around the 24-26" range

as mainly it will be used from close quaters as a monitor the tv will suffer due to the low resolution it can handle but will it be better for the 360

will the monitor win in all areas
in the end i suppose its all down to cost and the best solution for the money

anyone help ?

172 Cup
200-30408.jpg

# Monitor size and type : 24" (61.0cm) active matrix TFT
# Resolution : 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA+)
# Response time / Brightness / Contrast Ratio : 16ms / 500cd/m2 / 1000:1
# Dimensions h x w x d : 451 / 551 (compressed / extended) x 559 x 229 mm
# Weight : 9.8 kg
# Inputs : Analogue / Digital / S-Video / Composite / Component
# Height adjustable stand / Audio capability : Yes (100mm travel) / Optional AS500 soundbar
# VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes
# Integrated powered USB 2.0 hub / 9-in-1 card reader : 4 downstream, 1 upstream ports / CF I/II, SD/mini SD, MS/MS Pro, MMC/Smart Media, Microdrive

172 Cup
I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

I've just changed from a Dell 19" normal aspect LCD to an Acer 19" widescreen. Going to flog the Dell. I will use the 19" with the 360 for a while, until i can stump up the big bucks for a LCD or Plasma tv. £799 is crazy for a Monitor, when you can get decent sized LCD TV's for that sort of money.

Revels Mum & Sister
Microdirect are selling a 27" (I think) Samsung LCD for £549.99. SMAAAAAAAL bargain! And also a 26" Sharp Aquos HD ready set for £574.99

trouble is sitting in front of a 27" tv trying to use it as a monitor the icons will be the size of small people lol the trouble is with the tv's is the resolution is too low

172 Cup
I've used my 30" LCD as a monitor before at 1280*768 and while not perfect it's not too bad.

If I had the money then as a monitor that Dell I posted earlier would be ideal.

griff how close were you sitting ?

my laptop uses a wuxga screen same as the monitor running 1920x1200 and thats only 15.4

172 Cup
About 2 maybe 3 feet away.

Now I'm used to atleast 1280*1024 on a 19" LCD so going back to that it probably would look a little odd.

I guess it really depends on usage. If it's going to be used as a PC monitor 99% of the time then granted 1280/1366*768 would be too low.

thats what im thinking ah i dunno i mean we have 2 laptops and the desktop so im not even sure it would get used all that much except for 360 but then with the dell screen it is 1080p ready

172 Cup
lol I'm not buying a so called HDTV yet until the 1080 LCD's become more common.

Buy the VXX220 and spend your eveings in that until the 1080's appear.